Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious weather Okla. TX

Sure glad you came on and said y'all were doing alright.

I was expecting us here to get some bad parts of it, but appears it went NW of us more.
    Weather is still predicting thunder storms here at about 2:00am.

edit:
    Just back from outside. Heavy lightning to the west and NW and getting closer.
    Don't really think, I hope, that it will not be as bad as in other places... Shouldn't be.

Looks like may have to take part of that back.
    Just looked on weather radar, there is a line of heavy red coming at us in a long stream from the SW.
    Last edited by Nicor; 04-27-2016 at 01:36 AM.

I sure am glad to hear you guys are safe Trapper, and it wasn't as predicted for your area. I hope the east took heed and prepared for it.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I saw pictures of an office building in Whitesboro that was lit up by a spot light. The entire roof is gone, and it is a new building too. A guy that lives north west of D/FW said when the system hit, he could hear his rafters popping. He thought his roof was going to get lifted off but was lucky that it didn't.

When it came through here, everyone in our house slept right through it. Only after it had passed did my daughter wake up crying(I guess the lightning and thunder woke her up). My rain gauge showed 1/2" of rain fell last night.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Lots of rain, wicked lightning, and a little wind is all we got.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Hope everyone is doing good today after the storm that rolled in last night. I slept through it last night. A town about 20 miles north got hit, I was watching the news this morning and saw it. We have a few dead trees down on the county road, but no damage around here.
    “Talk low, talk slow, and don’t say too much.”
    –John Wayne

Yep,around 2:30am we ended up getting some of that system too. Heavy rain, high wind maybe 40 mph and serious lightening. It lasted about 40 minutes. We weren't expected to get any of it.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

We got lucky in that the cap did not break which suppressed the storms. If the cap had broken, I might be typing this from my phone as at bare minimum power would be out over a large area.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

We had 4-5 in of rain over night and quite the light show...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Wow! We only got 1/2".

91CAv, I believe you are right about the cap we had.
    I kept up with the storms closely, and noticed the storms north of me, say around Ada, Ok area on north were moving lots faster than the line that
    came thru here.

Around 6 pm or so, noticed the cloud cover, way cooler temps.
    So, I figured the cap did slow the line down, and the cooler temperature helped to not fuel that line of storms.

I was was watching that storm in Whitesboro close. Anytime there are storms in Gainesville to Whitesboro, that is a huge chance of me getting hit.
    They went more N/northeast than northeast..which missed me about 20 miles west.

Got very lucky, haven't heard much in the way of people getting hurt or worse, least in the more local area.
    I was expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

I heed warnings days in advance, just some work which I'm used to anyway..storing my firearms/ammo/some food/water, etc underground.
    Rather do the extra work than lose it all.

I worry about my folks, so I get them geared up a day or so ahead.
    Getting my Dad to the cellar can be an ordeal, so I have to allow time to do that.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.