Thread: A+ for Cammie

Default A+ for Cammie

Me and Cammie did a swap, and she made me a replica French trappers sock hat.
    Her work is top notch, very trustworthy, went out of her way to do this for me.
    I appreciate her very much making such a nice handmade hat.

If any on the forum does any business with her, she'll treat you right.
    Thanks again Cammie.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

I may see if you can replicate a stocking cap I love(d). oversize, it was the warmest thing. Left it in a ground deer blind on last hunt of the year.Didn't think about the cap for a few years, went back to that blind and noticed a blue thread sticking out from under the floor. A Pack Rat decided he needed it and took it home. Ate a hole in the thing that started the unraveling. I tied all the loose ends together, but it's just not the same.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Chip, she sure does nice work.
    And fast to boot, she had this hat whipped out in short time.
    Every hat I saw online and at the Rendezvous I camped at this year was second rate compared to this one.

Aww thanks Trapper! That's really a nice compliment. Look forward to making you the orange one next!
    I just finished an Iceland sweater jacket for a lady Judge today. Gotta make one more for her hubby then I'll be free to make more hats. Will take me about a week.

Attachment 808

Chip, if you have a photo of the hat you donated to the rat pack, post it and I'll see what I can do for you. We can work out a trade...
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 04-08-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

No hurry on the orange hat.
    I have till deer season, so no big deal.

If possible, i'd like to get it done long before then. In the fall and winter months I'm really busy with making holiday gifts. I've already got orders for 4 quilts and it's just April. lol
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Oh ok, no problem. Sooner or later, no matter.

A old lady I knew back when I was delivering propane made me a nice quilt, think that was around 84'.
    I have two others I picked up at yard sales.

There is a big sale at an Amish community every September not far from me, and they have heaps of quilts they sell and they bring big money. The money funds their school, and at the prices the quilts bring, the school must be funded pretty well.

Yeah they do.. They take a long time to make. I'm usually working on two at a time, shifting back and forth. Only time I don't work on them is in the heat of Summer. Even with A/C they get pretty dang hot to worth with and we don't have central air conditioning. Just window units in each room and a roll around portable. For when it gets really hot.

I've entered a few of my quilts in the County Fairs and won blue ribbons. Donated and auctioned off a few that brought upwards of a thousand dollars each. They can get pretty pricey.

I'll have to find it again, then may send it to you.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Good stuff. Good work is hard to find. Craftsmanship isn't on par in the chain stores.