Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting/Range Partner

^definitely some good eatn! Rich sweet meat.

Not just any dog will take down a boar, n if ya look around more than a few dogs been lost fighting critters.

I have never had wild boar but willing to try it. I am a traditionalist and a stalker in hunting, but I will prefer range over close quarters. Not afraid, just being wise and aware of the options that give you a safety net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zCwBjCQqpY

Even with Dogs and a Boar Spear, it appears the guy still got ****ed up by the boar.

A lot of folks running around the woods looking like the bone collector but not understanding the animals they are hunting.

Having dogs that will work besides just call helps.

Cheyenne my red mix, calls more on big critters, Phoenix my white pit, if he thinks he can chew on it will take em anyway he can. Ya got to wear em down to get close n finish em.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 03-31-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    I have never had wild boar but willing to try it.
    Boar has a stronger pork flavor that I do not care for: I took somebody's advice and marinated it in soy, ginger and orange zest and it was MUCH better. DH raved about it once I got it well marinated!

Wild pigs can have trichinosis, and so I cooked it well done and washed everything with soap that had even POSSIBLY have touched the raw meat or my contaminated hands, including the faucet and the outside of the bottle of hand soap.

A friend of ours had given us a hind quarter, generous man that he is!