Thread: WTB: Romanian Tokarev

Default WTB: Romanian Tokarev

Curious if anyone would have a Romanian Tokarev 7.62x25mm for sale.
    Or, a Polish model, if the price is right.
    Blueing can be shot, gun can be somewhat beat up..I can repair that.
    Prefer the bore to be decent, not too dark and some land and grooves, not a sewer pipe.
    Or, if the barrel is shot, price would dictate my consideration.

Thanks.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

I have a primo polish ttc i got from family firearms and finishes. If your on the surplus rifle forums they advertise there. The owner hand pics everything and there awesome people to deal with. They only dealin surplus military firearms and they are the best there is.

Btw get a nice one... Theres alot of bearup guns out there and fitting new parts in those can be a pain even for a skilled smith. Those are old world craftsman guns. Parts just dont interchange like a glock. Spend the extra 50 to 80 bucks and get a nice one. They also sell new ttc pistols zastava makes them in tok or 9mm

just saw on aimsurplus.com $239

Found one.
    A fella came by to get a quote on blueing while I was working on an AR barreled upper I just got, we got to talking, and he had
    a Chinese Tok copy, so he ran home to get it. Said he didn't like the Chinese 'junk'.
    No magazine, but I had gobs of those. And one grip was broken, but I had some of those too.
    Finish was not much, easy fix. Put a mag in, shot just fine.
    Barrel is decent.
    $75.00..I came out ok.

Yup.... Wear a face shield first range trip...lol

I've already shot it, nothing out of the ordinary I could see wrong.

Sweet. Those arexawesome guns. I have a ttc. Cz52 and a m88a1 all shoot great. Im fond of the cz52 just because of the cool inter workings and roller dsign... Not my choice of a go to war gun but sexy.

About 8 or 9 years ago, I went to a Sheriffs auction in my county.
    I walked around, the usual stuff.. a few rusted up guns from meth labs, scanners, vehicles, etc...anyway, I noticed a VZ52 sitting on the table. I picked it up, took the slide off to look at the rollers, they looked ok. Barrel looked good..so I put the slide back on, and sat it down. Usually at those auctions, people tend to out-do each other, and pay more than stuff is worth.
    I tend to not fall into that trap, this is part of my living.

It took about an hour and one of the deputies picked up the pistol, and he was reading off to the auctioneer what it was.
    His exact words were ''looks like we have a ...... 7.62 Tok..can't make no more out''....
    They didn't have a clue what it was and people were snubbing their noses at it..most walked off looking at other guns.

He started out at 100.00.....no one bid.
    He dropped to 75.00...still no bid. He went down to 50.00...no bid.
    Then dropped to 25.00, and a guy bid, then I bid, then couple of bids later, got the highest bid, sold... I paid a whole whopping $40.00 for it.

It was a nice pistol, as nice as the ones we used to get back in the day.
    I took it apart, cleaned it good, got an extra magazine for it, and the holster that goes with it.
    I kept it for a truck gun for a long time.

One day, I was at a pawn shop in town that a buddy of mine ran.
    Guy came in, and was specifically looking for a CZ52 pistol.
    My buddy told him I had one I might sell..I said, well if the price is right.
    I sold it to him for $200.00, and after I got back home, kinda regretted selling it.
    Other than the grip feeling a little odd, small sights, it shot fine, and reliable.

They are good pistols I think, if they are kept clean, and keep some extra rollers around..nothing wrong with them.