Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone looking for land to develop for a BOL in N Idaho? $4000!

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

If you haven't, take the virtual tour... For 7.2M$ you can call it what you want...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by HatetosayItoldyouso... View Post
    The same agents can sell you this property...
    http://www.kwcda.com/all-properties/...#ipgalleryplug
    Only $7.2 Million...I might have to snatch this one up ..... after I win the Lotto lol
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Quote Originally Posted by HatetosayItoldyouso... View Post
    The same agents can sell you this property...
    http://www.kwcda.com/all-properties/...#ipgalleryplug
    It's pricey, but they are leaving the refrigerator after all.

Around here it's about $4-5k an acre for undeveloped/wooded parcels. No well, septic, or structures but getting one that borders fed or state land is easy to find. Friends of mine are selling a nice 16X20 offgrid cottage, with well, septic, new roof, small shed, and a 5 KW generator on 1/3 acre that borders national forest on one side for $22k, and it's been on the market for almost 6 months.

Just a thought Renee, might think about saving your money and see what happens with the economy in the next year or so. Look for an opportunity to buy when others are forced to sell their 2nd homes/cottages/hunting shacks cheap due to economic hardship.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

Hard to choke down those land prices.

Nice river bottom farmland can be bought here for 800.00 an acre, course that is usually 100 to 300 acres.
    Smaller acreages 1000.00 to 1200.00.

And those land taxes, wow.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    I don't know the area but $4,000 for 1/2 an acre seems expensive. Move on down to Texas. Land is easy to find out here for under $2K an Acre. Plenty of Jobs in Texas as well.....just sayin'
    Sorry, Tdale, jobs don't mean s*** if you are having to bug out and our aquifer is doing better than yours. Also, I was born in Texas, grew up in Oklahoma, don't care to return. I'll take the Redoubt.

I think I asked you before Renee, don't remember..what part of Okla. are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    The slope could actually aid in the design of a walipini, digging into the incline. Also, beggers can't be choosers. If you can't afford much, you could make a run at a BOL with this spot. Best deal on a buildable lot in the area. Not on a per acre cost basis, but on a "I don't have to have $30,000 to start" point of view. Put a 12 x 16 off grid cabin, walipinis, some small livestock, you could have a basic BOL under $10,000.
    Lots of folks moving towards ,get small grow bigger. Smaller constructs maintain better order.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    I think I asked you before Renee, don't remember..what part of Okla. are you from?
    Grew up in a neighborhood, outside of Drummond, outside of Enid. Was part of the Mennonite Brethren clan there, some relatives still around to visit, if I could afford it!

Oh ok...you grew up in the flatlands.

I've been to Enid quite a bit when I was a kid.
    My Dad got a job working for Santa Fe railway, and worked in Enid area a lot.
    Had to stay in a camper outside of town, only a weekend at a time...me, Mother and Granny would take care of the farm whilst he was working.

I have an Uncle that used to live at Burlington, Okla..he worked for Santa Fe too as a telegrapher.

Move to montana/idaho/wyoming and build something like this on property far enough away from the few cities that are here. http://waldenlabs.com/living-off-the...in-for-winter/ One thing to watch for is the juncture of counties. A county that has few if any regs might be surprisingly close to a county that has more people, regs and jobs so you can locate where you can build just about anything and still be close enough for jobs and medical care.