Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: build your own crash cart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default build your own crash cart

has anyone already done this already? everytime i go to the ER i look at the crash carts and see them as glorified tool boxes. after all they do hold medical tools afterall. buy a 5drawer tool box with locking wheels.
    place on top a smaller 5,drawer tool box both with lined sliding metal drawers.can easily be moved room to room.anyhow just an idea i thought i'd thorw out there.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

????
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Ok... Are you familiar with what's inside a crash cart??? A good trama bag would be more cost efficient, not to mention learning how to use what is in a trama bag...

what a crash cart is basiclly a storage unit to hold emergency medical eqtp.like in the ER at the hospital.

More specifically, what items are in a crash cart...

well it was just a idea for those who can preform such duties. i can only do basic firstaid and do suturing that's about it.
    i don't claim tobe otherwise. just for the record.

Knowing first aid is a much more valuable skill than having a crash cart... Not to mention the vast majority of people aren't able to buy what's inside... An over the counter type AED costs $1200-1500... A well organized/comprehensive FAK costs about 1/100 th of a cart... If not less...

Furthermore, I'm bugging out. Last thing I need is more stuff to load. A soft side bag would probably handle most of the stuff in drawers.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I have a plan for one, should I ever need it (grid-down hospital scenario)... Of course I have lots of other resources, and this is more or less third or fourth line.

I do have the roll-aways on hand (cheap lower sections), they're just used for other things right now.
    Good medicine in bad places

Here was my original idea for an all inclusive medical and preventative care case for my family of 5+:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

I picked one up on fleabay, and after getting it realized that at over 75 pounds empty, it was just too cumbersome for my wife or any of my kids to be able to handle. Instead, I'm probably going with two of these:

http://www.pelican-case.com/1600ems.html

Here's my reality: Our plan calls for sheltering in place for most situations, however, my work place (6 miles away) has certain fortified areas that might be a better option. I imagine me not being home and my wife and kids chucking supplies down the stairs from the second story of our house in their panic to load up the family truckster to get to me. So anything I pack has to be able to survive that test.

Joe - NY