Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: build your own crash cart

i thought it was a good idea i guess not so rather than waste peoples time reading posts of the mediclly
    uneducated i'll spare y'all the pain.no more posts on this thread if i can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
    i thought it was a good idea i guess not so rather than waste peoples time reading posts of the mediclly
    uneducated i'll spare y'all the pain.no more posts on this thread if i can help it.
    Nothing wrong with asking questions....
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
    Don't take it so personally. That one guy, Skeeter I think his handle is, he's a real tool and a half. Watch your 6 with him!

Joe - NY

hey doc Fidel this is for you oye manito que pasando que ola maing.

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    Here was my original idea for an all inclusive medical and preventative care case for my family of 5+:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

I picked one up on fleabay, and after getting it realized that at over 75 pounds empty, it was just too cumbersome for my wife or any of my kids to be able to handle. Instead, I'm probably going with two of these:

http://www.pelican-case.com/1600ems.html

Here's my reality: Our plan calls for sheltering in place for most situations, however, my work place (6 miles away) has certain fortified areas that might be a better option. I imagine me not being home and my wife and kids chucking supplies down the stairs from the second story of our house in their panic to load up the family truckster to get to me. So anything I pack has to be able to survive that test.

Joe - NY
    Those pelican cases are nice, but ouch!

We have FAKs in the vehicles and larger one in the house, but all are stocked more for boo-boos and controlling bleeding than anything else. Then we have more extensive tools and supplies in the house stored in boxes or totes, but more like a medical storeroom than a kit or cart. Nothing in between. Been thinking I need to fill that 'in between' gap, but don't want to break the bank on a $300 case either. Need something though, if I had to bugout right now and in a hurry I wouldn't even have a thermometer or a stethoscope with me.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    Here was my original idea for an all inclusive medical and preventative care case for my family of 5+:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

I picked one up on fleabay, and after getting it realized that at over 75 pounds empty, it was just too cumbersome for my wife or any of my kids to be able to handle. Instead, I'm probably going with two of these:

http://www.pelican-case.com/1600ems.html

Here's my reality: Our plan calls for sheltering in place for most situations, however, my work place (6 miles away) has certain fortified areas that might be a better option. I imagine me not being home and my wife and kids chucking supplies down the stairs from the second story of our house in their panic to load up the family truckster to get to me. So anything I pack has to be able to survive that test.

Joe - NY
    Lol. The family truckster!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    Those pelican cases are nice, but ouch!

I know, right!?! That's why I went with that first case. I'm pretty disappointed it doesn't fit my needs. I'll probably try and unload it.

Joe - NY

Something you guys might want to think about... Go to a large craft store like Hobby Lobby. They have an awesome case that's perfect, light weight and has many compartments and the plastic zippered clip bags. They travel like a rolling carry on with the retractable handle. They run about 69.00 but you can wait for a sale and get 40% off. I purchased a black one and it's perfect as a crash cart. I keep all my medicals in it and it's easy to maneuvor and light weight. I can handle it easy.

I'll see if I can find a photo.

Mine is simular to this one but not exactly, and mine is made of water proof canvas and large metal wheels. Also, mine came with two compartmented clear removable tool boxes that stack inside the center compartment. This looks close.
    I got mine at Hobby Lobby.
    http://www.amazon.com/Crop-Style-Rol...mg_top?ie=UTF8
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

All good ideas.

Except for one thing.

If your medical supplies can fit into a roll-around anything, or a Hardigg case (of any size), you simply DONT HAVE ENOUGH.

I'm not even talking about 'sexy' stuff like IV solutions and suture materials. In a SHTF situation, the amount of plain old gauze you will NEED to effectively treat almost anything is staggering. Think cubic meters, not cubic inches...stock up now, put paper boxed and wrapped items in plastic bags, and put them on the shelf.
    Good medicine in bad places

other items as well
    bleach
    90%isopropal alchihol
    peroxide
    nitrile gloves,blk6mil from farm store
    2,8qt s/s pressure cookers to use as autoclaves
    white sheets to use as improvised dressings.
    coloidial silver