Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling our house and buying a new house

Default Selling our house and buying a new house

So my wife and I decided to put our house up for sale, and move closer to her mom.

So the day before yesterday a realtor came over, took pictures of our current house, and went over all of the paperwork. Fast forward not even 36 hours later and we have 5 offers, with another cash offer coming this afternoon. Only 1 of the offers was a low ball offer. I'm very pleased with the realtor needless to say.

So anyway, we are under contract to purchase a MUCH larger house than what we had (1860 square foot vs. 1094 square foot). The new house is also a 2 story house so I am already looking at things and wondering what I could potentially do to increase my odds during a bug-in scenario.

As already stated, my mother-in-law lives about 100 yards away from what will hopefully be our new house. The new neighborhood is MUCH better than the current one and is more upscale. Not only that, but a good friend of mine from church (the head of the security team) is building a house 1/8th of a mile away! So the new neighborhood has a lot of advantages than the old one. The main question I have though is what small things can be done to a 2 story house to make it a better place for a bug-in scenario? All of the bedrooms in the new house are upstairs if that makes any difference.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Congrats, by what i read, it sounds like you are making a positive improvement in your preps!
    Preparing so that I may live better today and post shtf.

Sweet!
    Trust. It's what's for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfracer View Post
    Congrats, by what i read, it sounds like you are making a positive improvement in your preps!
    Yes. The head of our security team at church is serious when it comes to guns. One of them that he has is a full auto m16.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Should have asked for more $$$
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

So glad to hear.. I just put my old house on the mls yesterday. I hope it goes quick. I did alot of work on the old place the last 3 months. Good luck with the sale. I hope i got the same luck with bids

100 yards is an easy shot if she pisses you off...lmfao

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    So anyway, we are under contract to purchase a MUCH larger house than what we had (1860 square foot vs. 1094 square foot). The new house is also a 2 story house so I am already looking at things and wondering what I could potentially do to increase my odds during a bug-in scenario.
    Up here in the semi-frozen North I'd say an emergency heat source on the lower level, but maybe not so much a concern there. Maybe try to lay claim on a room or area to store the bug in prep gear? "I could build shelves in that corner Honey, everything would be in one place and out of the way"? Under the stairs is always a good storage spot too.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by HatetosayItoldyouso... View Post
    Should have asked for more $$$
    The offer we accepted was already about 12k over what it should appraise for. Our current house is just in a desireable area, but it's not exactly a good but in area.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    100 yards is an easy shot if she pisses you off...lmfao
    Well, considering it is not in the line of sight, and she only has a .25 pistol and a .38 special, and the fact that she just recently learned how to shoot. I would say that I'm safe!