Thread: thoughts on group IFAKS

Default thoughts on group IFAKS

does everyone in your group/family have a ifak if so how do they store them
    i ask this cause everyone in your family of age at least should carry thier ifak in the same place
    as well as have it packed exactly the same way as well. that way every one knows just where
    the emt shears are the coflex bandage,olaes bandage cat tourniquet and so forth are stored
    that way precious time is saved when a emergency arises.remember to keep items such as emt
    shears and tourniquet on outside of pouch.all your large extra dressings can be stored in the top flap
    pouch of your ruck.splints can be stored along outside frame of ruck.always go long on dressings
    and tape paper/sports/micopore.if you have a minor surgical kit it should be stored in your blowout
    kit.

Here you go:

http://www.dhs.gov/stopthebleed?utm_...n=StopTheBleed

IFAK's are important, but more importantly, how to use it's contents. There are plenty of utube vids out there.

Joe - NY

Here's our Pocket Trauma kit, perfect bleeding control kit, I'm carrying one in my cargo pocket right now.

https://archangeldynamics.com/produc...ket-trauma-kit
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.

Quote Originally Posted by off the rez View Post
    does everyone in your group/family have a ifak if so how do they store them
    i ask this cause everyone in your family of age at least should carry thier ifak in the same place
    as well as have it packed exactly the same way as well. that way every one knows just where
    the emt shears are the coflex bandage,olaes bandage cat tourniquet and so forth are stored
    that way precious time is saved when a emergency arises.remember to keep items such as emt
    shears and tourniquet on outside of pouch.all your large extra dressings can be stored in the top flap
    pouch of your ruck.splints can be stored along outside frame of ruck.always go long on dressings
    and tape paper/sports/micopore.if you have a minor surgical kit it should be stored in your blowout

Clarification. Same place as in same place on/in a pack?
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Clarification. Same place as in same place on/in a pack?
    Same place on everyone's second-line gear (i.e. web gear, the stuff you would have even if you didn't have your pack).

I prefer front, centerline, so it's accessible by either hand.
    Good medicine in bad places