Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: some thing to store now for post shtf

Default some thing to store now for post shtf

many things will not be avalible post shtf and should be stored now
    although some items could be barterd for how much are you willing to pay?
    any how i'l list some
    oregano
    goldenseal
    tumeric
    allspice
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    lemmongrass
    ginger
    cinnimon
    local raw honey
    coloidial silver
    cloves
    pure pepermint oil
    cloveoil
    80proof vodka
    grain alchihol
    library on medicinal herbs
    brown glass jars and bottles
    these will be little life savers in days to come.

Wish I knew medicine like that. We had a lady here that was an ace on herbal medicine. Wish she would come back.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

thank you JEFE or should i say boss? anyhow i forgot to mention nonmineralized water for making coloidial silver might want to have a steam distiller on hand.
    also may medicinals are tropic in nature and cannot be grown in the us i believe.
    like cloves allspice,cinnimon,cardomon mabey it come from the middle east.
    also gather all the seeds you can as well to grow.

I have all but the goldenseal, what is goldenseal?

Never mind, just searched it.

Beats me, but my BOL is extreme south Texas, (oops, I gave it away), while freeze is not common, extreme heat is. I know of Mexican Curanderos (like witch doctors) down on the border. They have come up with a desert version of some of these.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

kingchip watch out for the evil eye reguarding the curanderos just saying

I don't know if that's real or not, but I won't discount it. Too many do believe and too many have been cured. Sounds ridiculous, but you never know. Been around this all my life.

Top item in my store is Elderberry dehydrated berries and some elixir already made up for the winter colds, flu and congestion. I keep several pound of the dried berries in vac sealed bags. They last forever under those conditions and are a life saver. I have hoards of medicinal oils in storage. Tea tree oil is a must have as well as lye powder and lime powder. Manuka Honey is also a must have. Collectively, I probably have 2 gal. Stored. It's expensive. About 17.00 for 2.5 oz. It's a super healer of 1st and 2nd* sub- derm burns. It's widely used for radiation burn at cancer units.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

kingchip, as for the goldenseal it should not be used more than aweek at a time and then 2wks off.
    elderberry i have 8 bushes growing now i started with 4 elder berries tend to send travelers out and spread.
    which is not bad cause the birds can be hard on them.the sambucus nigra(black elderberry) is what you want for your syrup.
    the other elderberry is ok but not near as potent for a antiviral. i have those growing as well.