Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another shutdown

Default Another shutdown

So we go the paperwork last night letting us know what would happen in a shut down. Thankfully we are "exempt" so that is good. But just another step in the bottom coming out I think. Thoughts?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...-odds-spike-75
    Vox Populi!

The Republicans would be stupid to try this again as the last time they did this the Dems pretty much got what they wanted, sequestration. But no one said politicians were smart.

Honestly, I don't see it happening again.

Joe - NY

Shut it down, do the taxpayer a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    Shut it down, do the taxpayer a favor.
    ^THIS
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Yep, shut it down and leave it shutdown.

It would be great if they could massively cut the entitlements this time around, leave Planned Parenthood out if it.

Joe - NY

If they do the 'shutdown' then they should NEVER vote yes to another debt increase. The shutdown would only really mean that we have a balanced budget, after all the taxes would still be pouring in everyday.
    If they plan on increasing the debt at some point (which of course they fully intend to do) then a temporary shutdown would be incredibly stupid.
    They never need to pass a balanced budget bill. All they need to do is not increase the debt limit. Of course we passed the current debt limit quite awhile back and the Treasury dept has been raiding the federal pension fund ever since in order to continue spending money that we don't have. When they raise the debt limit the Treasury dept immediately puts that money back into the pension fund again so it will be there for next time.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Shutdown... LMAO... Nothing was shut down except a few National Parks/Memorials... A paid vacation for all govt employees told to stay home...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by HatetosayItoldyouso... View Post
    Shutdown... LMAO... Nothing was shut down except a few National Parks/Memorials... A paid vacation for all govt employees told to stay home...
    Exactly. Political posturing for sure. Even obummer pick and chose which services to shut down. This time around I understand that food stamps are on the target. Thats akin to political suicide and I don't think the RINOs have it in them to stand up to the scrutiny.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

I personally think they test the waters so to speak on the whole food stamps issue from time to time just to get the public on something insignificant that don't mean anything or that they don't have no plan to do in the first place
    IE
    Watch this hand its purty, meanwhile our turd cutters start hurting all of a sudden
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!