Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help needed: SHTF Novel and some Family Difficulties

I'm first! Haha! Good luck, it is tough to raise kids when money is tight. I look at it this way: learning to live with less is a life skill. When I was a kid, my Dad went from a $75,000 a year job (in the 80s) as an international water well drilling machine salesman to being unemployed for 4 years. He wasn't a stranger to hard work and did odd jobs until they sold the house(on the market for 4 years) and he could afford to start his own well drilling business. Becoming poor didn't go unnoticed by us kids. But I consider that period of being at the bottom rung as a valuable experience. For those who have had plenty, it is so difficult to move down, unless you have been there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I'm first! Haha!
    Dang Nabbit!! Early bird gets the worm again. lol Raised wealthy, grew up and started off broke, made quite a bit, lost most of it, moved to Texas in 2007 and now finally after a year of Legal Tax BS we are back on top again. Good Luck Arch, you'll be back up in no time...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Dang Nabbit!!
    You beat me on quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    I'm not a fan of the e-book thing, although I enjoy reading. Maybe I'll ask my wife to assist me getting it downloaded. Will it be available via Amazon?Joe - NY
    Unfortunately, Slojo, you, me, and whole bunch of other folks are in the minority. We I spoke with an editor/publisher, the guy made a comment about me not having the Kindle version (ebook) up and available. I told him I preferred paper and he said, 'tough, you ain't buying it'. As soon as I put it up on electronic format, I stopped selling paperbacks. I think I've sold maybe ten paperbacks in the two years since the Kindle version was released... no shiznit.

PM me Archaic, we can discuss some things offline that might aid you in your endeavor from a writing perspective. If you're takin' advice that is.
    Hannibal ad portas

Wanted to come back through and say thanks again. Trying to get my writing time scheduled in, but I am up 2000 words since I posted this thread. Thank y'all for the opportunity, and please, share this if you can.

Appreciate everything.
    Aw

P.S. Let me know if y'all would like a progress update in pages or words or something.
    Trust. It's what's for dinner.

Good for you! Keep at it. Writing and selling e-books is almost cheating because it is so easy. With all the chaos in the world now doomer fiction is a very popular venue.
    I assume you have already did as many cut backs in your budget as possible. Things like TV and cell phones are easy cuts that can often be made to save money.
    Good luck and keep plugging away at it.

The t.v. is basically gone, but we have to keep the internet and cell phones for business. If we can make it to tax time...but yeah, we cut everything that can be cut. Been hard, but it's worth it. I actually liquidated about half of my guns keeping things going. Gonna be doing a lot with my bow this year. Haha.

Like someone else has said above -we have all hit bad times in our lives. And we are all still here. It is just hard during the event. You will get through it just like the rest of us.
    We often talk despairingly about gov assistance but it is there for a reason. I don't think anyone here would think it a bad thing if you sought help from fellow taxpayers.

It definitely getting tougher out here. Cost go up, frn's worth less.

Liberty almost non-existent, yet still we fight. Anyway we can.

There are increasingly hard times emerging off our horizon, some of the darkest days humanity hasn't witnessed in thousands of years. Don't give up n find the Light.

Dude, congrats on incoming! Startn a tribe! Lol

Were yall able to recover any data from the other book u were working on?

I have some hard copy stuff that I mostly hand wrote. Been hell keeping them out of ****. Just haven't had time to covert formats. If this book goes at all, it'll free me up to finish the gun book at least.