Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed: SHTF Novel and some Family Difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I was just Razzin ya lil buddy.
    I know. You like my new avatar?
    Ive got your lil buddy right here! Patiently waiting for my cheese to finish sliding off my cracker.

I never noticed it, just now L'dMFAO!! And YES I do like it...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I never noticed it, just now L'dMFAO!! And YES I do like it...
    Good. Now buy my stove so I can help AW out.
    Ive got your lil buddy right here! Patiently waiting for my cheese to finish sliding off my cracker.

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

Lol
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

You guys...just, you guys. Haha.

Appreciate it everyone.
    Trust. It's what's for dinner.

I hear ya! I got thrust into the independent world a few months back and it's been interesting to say the least. Good luck!

I know you're not the tech, but sorting out your shopping cart would help a lot. It's confusing and difficult to use. The easier you can make it to get through the cart, the more likely people are to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic Weapon View Post
    Howdy y'all. I been debating doing this for a couple of weeks, but my hands are officially tied, and I am about run out of options.

I haven't been making a big deal out of it, but my wife and I started a business this year, Redwolf. Job market just collapsed out here, and then my wife got pregnant, which put the screws to us. I find it hard to talk about my issues, but they mean something in this discussion, so I'll touch on them a bit. I have really bad ADHD. If one side of my family had not wanted the stigma of having a child on disability, I would have it. I do not function well in normal 9-5 jobs, and it had been a lodestone dragging me down. I am also an insomniac, that is an important detail to forget to put down.

Redwolf was founded to make use of the skill set we both had available. My wife is a seamstress, and I am a survivialist/bushcrafter/martial artist/living history research machine. Love the stuff. Most of our stuff has been custom made clothing and kit, though we do stock a few items that we have liked, and used in our travels. Only so much you can do with only so much money. We were doing alright for a little while, but we were funding everything out of pocket. No bank loans, no nothing hanging overhead. And we were paying bills, doing just fine. Made it up to Rendezvous in Kentucky, even made it up to the Pathfinder Gathering this year.

Kentucky put the first nail in our coffin. First couple of nails. It was ludicrously expensive to get in. We were told that they had 100 camps (tents full of people) already there and set up when we left, and that they were expecting at least 300 camps from the preregistration. I think that by the end of the week, maybe 35 camps had shown up. We didn't gross what it cost to rent the space to pitch the tent. We camped next to a family who ran a soda tavern, a 2,000+ item shop, and a smithy, and they had the same luck. Said it was the worst they had seem it since they started doing that 9 months out of the year since 1986. It banged us up pretty bad, as far as finances go.

Back home, we got everything situated, and started moving forward, but wife got put on bedrest. She can't get up long enough to sew right now, and I can't hardly sew a lick. It has really got us in a pretty bad situation. Got bills coming due, nothing is panning out, and even if I could find a job, I am simply not going to be able to keep if very long. And I HATE how much BS that sounds like.

The one skill that I do have, and love to utilize, is writing. Lifelong dream of mine to be an author, and frankly it is something that I am honestly good at. My disabilities, such as they are, become strengths when composing detailed prose. With everything that has been happening, I decided to put up a Go Fund Me campaign to try and keep the lights on long enough for me to finish my SHTF novel, which I have posted the rough draft on here as Against My Better Judgement. I would appreciate y'all at least going to take a look at it, and spread the word if nothing else. If y'all feel the need to contribute, you have my thanks, and I'm still trying to figure out how to work the stupid thing to put in stretch goals and rewards, if you have any suggestions. I am planning on self publishing it in an ebook format. I have an idea of were to send it, but I am still asking around to a few people in the know about good places to do so.

The Go Fund Me campaign is titled Writing a SHTF Novel. I will probably be setting up a Kickstarter as well, but it might take me a day or two to run it up. I'll update y'all as it goes along.

Also, this is our website if y'all want to go read some bad blog posts and check out our Shop. We do have more stuff that we can do than what is up online. With the tech lady on bedrest, I can't seem to update anything without breaking everything else. If y'all see something you like, or have something in mind that you might want, just let us know. We are working on it as best we can.
    www.redwolfblog.com

Well y'all, that is about all I can think of. Still don't feel good about doing this, but there it is.

Keep up the Good Fight

P.S. Don't y'all go laughing at me for being a bearded behemoth! I get enough of it as it is! Haha.
    Are yall in a place big enough that you could get a job in sales? I've got a wicked case of ADD, most decent salespeople do.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Problems with the shopping cart, huh? We'll look that over. Appreciate the heads up.

If this tells you anything, I don't even know what sells is as a job heading.

We don't see what y'all see most of the time, on the Shop. Apparently, the damn thing deleted the Add to Cart button! Told y'all I ain't allowed to go near the thing. I'll get it tended to.

Making this a sticky for a bit.

AW, we all hit a slump. Looks to me like you have your head straight.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime