Thread: TS Erika

Default TS Erika

So I am sure most of us that are in the cone for Erika are well aware of the storm coming. Doesn't seem like it going to anything about a Cat 1 maybe. Just making sure we all have a heads up. Looks like it will be rolling in around south FL Sunday sometime. Went out today and got some extra batteries and some extra water. And since I am residing my house right now gonna make sure my lawn is cleaned up of all the construction debris. Kinda hoping my new genny get here before it comes. Anyone else in the cone? are you staying or are you gonna ride it out?

http://www.weather.com/storms/hurric...-2015/AL052015
    Vox Populi!

Yep......Still cleaning up from the Sat. nite storm 70-90 mph winds according to local weather station....I'll be at work if it hits next week
    Live Free or Die

Not going anywhere. We'll stay here with the livestock.
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Yea it looks like its only going to be a TD by the time it makes it to our area. So the question me and my wife are trying to answer is at what point to we leave for a hurricane? We have not come up with a good answer yet. Because while we don't live in a flood zone according to our insurance company, I know after a good couple of day of heavy rain we might be in trouble. Living in a single story home I can't just get on my roof if need be. So I don't know. thoughts?
    Vox Populi!

You have to look at the storm and the area. Some storms bring lots of rain and others don't. My house is the highest point in the neighborhood and everything slopes away from it. My sisters house would be half under water before it ever made it to my door step. You have to play it by ear.

And I'll be looking forward to a couple days of camping here on the treasure coast when this thing comes through. Hopefully my generator makes it home tomorrow so I have some power but I don't really need it.