Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MAG Scenario

Default MAG Scenario

So SHTF, no one is to be trusted. You did not plan a MAG group ahead or the group split, got raided, whatever. You have no BOL, money is tight as it is. You are a loner. Your supplies on you are dwindling and you're using a bicycle. You have a scoped rifle and a pistol. A decent human being is a rare sight during SHTF, so who do you trust?

You scope a distant farmhouse or a small ranch house in a wooded area, but you observe from afar. A father, mother and son are discovered to be starving, yet surviving off the land. There are trespassing signs/ bodies of former trespassers. You desire to join this family and keep yourself alive, while mutually offering manual labor in farming, security, handyman, etc. You need a plan to approach this family because they will shoot on sight. But if they know you are willing to help, they will let you in.

How would you approach this family?

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

I wouldn't.... Your motives are not theirs...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

I think I would scope it out a while and learn their habits. Then if I feel comfort in knowing when they sleep, I would shoot a hog or a deer and clean it and leave the meat on their porch for them to find the next morning. I'd keep doing this until we built up some mutual trust. I think I'd leave a message somehow that I'm willing to help and even go so far as leaving one of my lessor fire arms behind in good faith. I'd even chop some wood and leave it where it can be found easily. Whatever I can do to give them a sense that I'm no threat. We can help each other. Like I said though. It would depend.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Kind of reminds me of the movie "The Day" where the group stumbles on an "abandoned" farm house, only its not.

Unless this is also my turf, that is I live nearby and know the history, people and area, I would be VERY wary...

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Kind of reminds me of the movie "The Day" ..
    Was that a good movie?

Joe - NY

Thought it kind of sucked, personally. Post apocalyptic cannibal movie with a pretty low budget and a lame storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I think I would scope it out a while and learn their habits. Then if I feel comfort in knowing when they sleep, I would shoot a hog or a deer and clean it and leave the meat on their porch for them to find the next morning. I'd keep doing this until we built up some mutual trust. I think I'd leave a message somehow that I'm willing to help and even go so far as leaving one of my lessor fire arms behind in good faith. I'd even chop some wood and leave it where it can be found easily. Whatever I can do to give them a sense that I'm no threat. We can help each other. Like I said though. It would depend.

Not sure I'd eat "mystery meat" that showed up without explanation on my porch.
    And I don't think I'd respond well to chopped logs showing up .... signs of someone skulking around .... suspiciously ....

Just sayin' .

You forgot to mention there would be a message.
    Not mystery meat. I would clean the kill, not process it. I wouldn't eat mystery meat either. That's why I said clean the kill, meaning field dress it. You wouldn't leave unprotected meat out anyway. It would ruin it being exposed.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

And, naturally, of course I would trust the message .......
    cleaning the kill, wrapping the meat, whatever, doesn't stop it from being "mystery meat."

I'm not trying to be snarky but I am trying to point out that leaving notes & cleaning meats is not a reason to trust one's life and well-being, or the well-being of family, to the whiles of a stranger. The stranger may be perfectly honest and honorable and all....but in the end it could still be a faćade for some nasty person who's out to get me through some indirect method....

White hankie on a stick?
    "Never send a Glock to do a 1911's job."