Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Newest Addition!

Default Our Newest Addition!

As some of you recall we lost our Doberman Captain to a sudden-onset form of cancer nearly two years ago.

http://www.whenshtf.com/threads/5142...e-Hardest-Word

He was a huge part of our life and family and we have missed having a Dobie in our lives tremendously. We spent a lot of time looking for the right breeder who does all the requisite health testing. They are not as common as you might think, and absolutely not inexpensive.

Finally, all the stars have lined up and we are pleased to report our newest addition to our team - His name is Major.

He's 11 weeks old today and will have his ears posted for probably another 12+ weeks. We are anticipating competing with him in canine sports. He's a smart little guy! And quite a handful, let me tell you. We got Captain as an already-adult dog, this is our first time with a Doberman puppy and they are definitely a lot of work. This breed is not for everyone.

I was looking for a pic but can't seem to find one at the moment, will post some a bit later. (ETA: PICS ADDED PAGE 2)
    Last edited by bruss01; 07-28-2015 at 10:24 AM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Congrats!
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Dobes are beautiful dogs but I swear I can't help but to think of the Dobie in the movie, "UP", and that voice, every time I see one!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm a Schnauzer person myself,(we've had 5 of them so far) but, Dobies would be my other choice if I wanted a bigger dog.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

His sire was 92 lbs and not an ounce of flab. Yes he's going to be a "lot of dog". And not just in terms of size.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Teach him to smile when he meets new people...

It can be un-nerving.
    777 FGG

Quote Originally Posted by TripSeven View Post
    Teach him to smile when he meets new people...

It can be un-nerving.
    Yep. Not many people realize that Dobermans do a "grin" of sorts that looks an awful lot like barred teeth.

We were introducing Captain to the mailman many moons ago. The postal carrier was a dog owner himself, so he liked dogs... and Captain always liked meeting new people. My wife went to demonstrate how she cleaned Captain's teeth, opening his mouth... hand to God, I've never seen a black guy go pale before but when that big maw full of pearly whites opened up he took a step back and looked like he'd seen death. Porcelain bear-trap I believe was the term of the day. No matter how friendly they may be, there is just something awe inspiring about the Doberman to most people - something that tends to make miscreants try the house down the block instead. Our Welsh Corgi's may act as alarms, but the Dobie is an actual deterrent.

Zeus
    Apollo
    Attack

I want to teach my next dog to "tell"
    When someone is around me that has a firearm on them

Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Zeus
    Apollo
    Attack
    You're Old lol

(Magnum PI days..)

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Congrats Bruss, good luck with the training.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

Lol