Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sugar for wound healing. Hmmm. Yes or NO?

I have done live in home health care before and we used palmer's cocoa butter cream on bed sores and skin crease sores, desitin also helps,,, you can also use unfiltered honey,, the kind you cant see through,, it still has the bees wax and propolis in it.
    the reason I say honey is I have horses and any time they get to fighting amongst themselves which they will do because of hierarchy issues we deal with it naturally as much as possible.. I also keep stemtech on hand to promote healing from within
    work on the outside and from within..
    they say honey is the best way to heal leg ulcers from diabetes,, Have never met anyone that has them,, but if it happens at least you have it on hand... can always start beekeeping..

I really want to do the apiary thing, but am hesitant. I think it would take more expertise than a beginner would have, to do it successfully in my AO. We are overrun with Africanized bees. Knew of 4 people died from them one year about 4 years ago, now. I know that you can combat the aggressiveness with docile Queens, but swapping queens is not a beginners operation. Worse case, I can just rob bee trees like I did when younger .
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

contact your local county agent and from there contact the apiary closest to you,, can get some good training for the season,, gotta start somewhere.. being a man you can get your foot in the door better than a woman.. nobody here locally will hire me I guess due to my age.. but eventually I will get started somewhere,, out there...out where dreams come true.... lmao

sugar or salt as you should always have it close to hand.

in the UK the NHS use a sugar paste.

plenty you can find, pine resin is very handy as it has sugars and turpentines both of which are antiseptic, and it also helps seal simple cuts and grazes quite effectively.
    Where there is Tea, there is hope - W.Churchill 1939 (probably)

heal from the outside and the inside