Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Started Making Bows

I may be interested in one. I started shooting my compound last year and really enjoyed it. Was thinking of going traditional for prep purposes. Would be much easier to stock up on wooden arrows for a 40# bow than my 67# compound. Lets see how my shoulder heals and if I'll ever draw a bow again.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Are you still on hold with that surgery, Chip? I've been really busy the past couple weeks with gigs and gardens. I have only had time to post and run so I haven't kept up. What's the scoop on that?
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

No, they went in last wednesday. Now I really hurt, but at least I'm on the road to whatever degree of recovery I can achieve. Actually, I'm doing next to nothing until at least next week with first post-op checkup.I live in a recliner, sleep in a recliner,... At least wife relented to help out in the shower, after I threatened to hire the maid.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Yeesh! That even sounds painful! My poor hubs gets irritated with me because I fuss over him like he's a wounded bird when he has just a little cold. His job is to eat, drink, go to the bathroom, watch TV and get well and I refuse to negotiate the issue. LOL
    When do you start rehab?
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Glad to hear you're doing ok there Chip.

I kept hearing over and over that I would not be able to lay in bed after my shoulder surgery, so I bought a nice used recliner, and had it on standby.
    Got home after my surgery, and could not sit in the recliner. But I could lay in bed, long as I didn't put pressure on my right side.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

I go in next wednesday, which will be 2 weeks. Maybe I start then. I do some minor exercises but mainly to keep rest of arm from atrophy, I think.

My mattress sucks and thats another story but it would be very difficult to get out of the hole made in those POS memory foam mattresses. I sit in my recliner with a pillow halfway across my back which keeps my left side from making much contact with the back. nThen I wedge another pillow between my left leg and chair arm to keep from sliding off pillow, and to put left arm on. Works pretty well. Getting out is hard, but I slid a sofa over close that I can hook my foot under to get out of chair.

Ya..I sleep on a twin bed, pretty hard mattress with plywood under the mattress, so it was not too bad getting up and down.

I hated rehab, after the first month, I saw no need in going.
    But the surgeon insisted I kept going. Mainly I think because of my other medical issues, I was slower healing.

I'm having trouble with mine again, clicking, grinding, snapping and popping, and sometimes hurts enough to get my attention.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Well, who knows if its apples to oranges, but I've got three friends that were fixed by same surgeon. They all say it's amazing ow well they work now, so I'm optimistic, but agree on therapy and rehab. On my knee, i managed to reach the minimal standards they required, and then quit going.