Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Travel Trailer Electrical Upgrade

Lol! Let's just see how many really know about that trailer I was talking about ! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Lots of room for solar!

Daelith I just know you googled that! Lol I've seen this movie at least a dozen times with my mom as a kid. Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Guilty. Lucy and Dezi are a far enough before my time that I haven't watched most of them and it's not really my humor, but I get the references.

It's actually a very good movie. If yer married that is! Lol

Bruss, do me a huge favor my friend and never again turn a concrete block on its side like the one in your picture. They will only handle a few psi oriented like that depending on the mix used. They are designed holes up to hold the weight, it only takes the slightest movement or impact to crumble that block into a pile of gravels. You couldn't even imagine how many people have been crushed and killed under trailers.

Great job on the paint and hard work!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Thanks for the PSA Flock - appreciate the concern. You are correct about the strength of cinderblock horizontal vs vertical. Rest assured, though it isn't visible much in the photos the trailer is braced/blocked in multiple places and I am taking what I believe to be sufficient precautions. I like my ribs and internals where they are, thank you very much! There are additional blocks under the tongue (not shown in the photos) which I move around based on where I happen to be painting/grinding... any one of which should be able to support the tongue (belt & suspenders redundancy). Not going near it without those. I also deploy the trailer jack-legs - the block mentioned is just for an additional point of contact (orientation due to a fitment issue). And due to the angle caused by the wheels, only the very tip of the tongue can go all the way to the pavement. I don't get under that, at all, ever. Did I mention I'm a little paranoid of something like that falling on me? LOL.

Safety is super important and all-too-frequently overlooked.
    Last edited by bruss01; Today at 01:32 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.