Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Travel Trailer Electrical Upgrade

I didn't like brown back then either! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

The black was "ok" but there were a couple problems with it... for starters it didn't really go with the rest of the paint scheme but the real clincher was the POR-15 (the black stuff) is really good at sealing but isn't UV resistant and if you don't coat it, it'll degrade over time. As Cav notes, the brown is more "period appropriate" for a mid-80's trailer. I thought about going white, but it's hard to match up various shades of white and if they don't match, they never look quite right. Red is like that too. White also tends to show rust freckles from gravel chips and dirt/mud badly and strikes me as a poor color choice for something that's going to be tailgating my truck going down the road. In the end the cocoa brown seemed the best overall choice.
    Last edited by bruss01; 11-01-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Nice and smooth, you must be a master chocolatier.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

He should have added some almonds! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Count me in with the crowd that would have gone black on black, but it does look clean!

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Nice and smooth, you must be a master chocolatier.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    He should have added some almonds! Lol
    Sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't.

Next spring I hope to get the chance to do the rear bumper... the wet weather is setting in here now and daylight is in short supply and needed for other concerns.
    Last edited by bruss01; 11-02-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.