Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Remington 870

Default WTB Remington 870

I'm looking for a used Remington 870.

The shotgun does not have to be nice, I'll take care of the cosmetics.
    I need one in wood, no synthetic stock/forearm. No heavy dings in the wood, light ones ok.
    No major pitting/rust on the metal, but light rust ok.
    Will buy broke one, or one with a few missing parts.

Also looking for an extra 870 barrel.
    Barrel extension must be good, barrel straight, but light rusting or pitting ok. Full length, or anything above 20'', no shorter.

Great build platform. Should b able to find a pawn gun for 125 or so notes.

Extra barrel might b close to another gun.

Ya, finding an extra barrel will be tougher than buying a whole shotgun.
    I see them on GB once in a while, have to keep tabs on it.

Will be used as a bird/turkey in full length, then transfer it over to defense after seasons are over.

Thought maybe by chance someone here might have one of the two.

Seen some barrels in MS, but about 80 notes, ebay, has new n used barrels around a Benjamin note.

Wing masters r easy to find in the 125-150 range. Condition decent, solid shooter.

The 870 isn't exactly super expensive in NIB even used. For my money I would step up and get the whole package new without "light rust and pits".

Rust and pits are my business, my bread and butter.
    And I have more time than money.

This is a project I'm doing to trade for a B Allis Chalmers, so I need to save every dime I can.

Chalmers probably worth more than a remy. But where ya goin to get parts?

Most parts are very easy to get.
    I can get old tractor parts easier than I can some gun parts.

I have a gas B Farmall, and a propane 60 J.Deere.
    Both have tricycle front ends, and I wanted a small tractor with a wide front end for brushhogging.

The old Allis Chalmers don't quite bring the money as the Farmall's, but parts are just as easy to get.
    Reason so many of the old 15 to 30 h.p. tractors went up so much, is collectors, and people fixing them up to be in parades and such. I don't use mine for that...they work.
    Tires have gotten more expensive over the last 5 yrs..finding good used ones is hard.

I can order lots of parts from Tractor Supply, but, this place here is very good on old tractors, and not too bad priced for most part.
    http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Al...tor-Parts.html

I've got parts for my little B there.

Still lots of old tractors around here being parted out. There is a tractor junk yard not too far from me, they usually have lots of pull-offs. I got lots of parts there for my 60.

Got any use for min/molean u302 . needs a clutch.

I checked out the model Moline you have wnn, have not seen one in person in this area.
    It's rated at 56 h.p.
    Is yours propane or gasoline?
    I found out tho, that they sold some Moline's under the Oliver tractor name. Interesting, did not know that.

My 60 is rated at 37 h.p. or so. It'll pull 3- 14'' plow's decent, if the ground isn't real tight. (I have an old trip/pull type plow)
    I ran a J. Deere 214W baler, it ran it fine.

It's really all the bigger tractor I need. Most of it's work is pulling trees that I fell and row them up to cut for firewood, and pulling people from the lake here when they are stuck, i have an ad at store down the road, and make some cash getting people out of sand.

And, I like the fact I can change out a clutch in no time with the outside mounted clutch..same with the brakes.
    I don't use it near as much as I used to because I have to bring in propane in bottles, lift the bottles up, and fill from top of tractor.
    I sold my 250 gallon tank on wheels a few yrs back, thinking I'd sell the 60, but just can't let it go. I've had it since 78', kinda sentimental, and it's been paid for since those days, still runs good, easy to repair for most part, and I like a hand clutch really better than a foot clutch.

Have you tried selling it where you are?
    It's just too far off for me.