Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: What Do You Think of a Camper Truck for End of World SHTF Shelter?

No stupidier than me wantin to stick wide tracks / out riggers on my quad for runnin train tracks.

lmfao....thats your billboard wnn

Not sure about city life.

They make some pretty nice PU campers now a days.
    Wet bath room. Solar power.
    Some can be jacked and unloaded in minutes.

Haven't you folk seen YTs of the fancy OZ campers/trailers that they take everywhere?

How come this thread became a BC (asshole) hijack?
    Last edited by bltjr1951; 12-01-2014 at 04:21 PM.

I fully plan on using my small motor home as a bug out vehicle if I need to bug out. One heck of alot better than trying to carry everything on my back with a pack.

jacked and unloaded in minutes...lmfao

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

a lot of good advice in this thread.

I got a slide in pop/crank up camper for my 4x4 pickemup truck Presently I plan on using it for camping and traveling but in the need of a BOV/ temp mobile BOL i have it to head out with my FSJ towed behind it. limited only by the fuel and physical ability to get there. I know this is looked down upon a lot of the people here, but I don't have anyplace besides where I currently live due to my financial situation as well as other reasons. and while it is remote, having your remote bol and thinking you will never have to leave it is stupid to me..
    And while I do have a bike and my LPC's (leather personnel carriers) to take me anywhere I want, I still plan on using this while I can.
    Last edited by Sandman1; 08-27-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Quote Originally Posted by wate View Post
    not when the roads will be blocked full of flat tired vehicles, and you have to abandon everything, and you're un-ready to back pack to a nearby dugout, with lots of food and stuff buried in drums, not far away. You wont be going anywhere by road, post shtf, unless you live at the edge of a small town, with lots of backroads, bordering on lots of woods, and then you'd have no need to go far. Get OVER the idea that you can haul everything, people. You'll either have it cached within a night's hike of your AO, or you wont have it, once shtf.
    This ^^ is just your guess and you have nothing in US history to base it on. Does not mean that you are wrong but obviously it is just a guess.
    Also bugging out can be done at any time. If bugging out is your plan then logically you would preferably want to bug out early before any situation gets drastic. Or maybe wait and bug out only after things settle down some. Many people have no reason to bug out at all.