Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebola Tracking, with Map

Quote Originally Posted by johnEprophet View Post
    This is a great resource, but let me warn ya, find a ton of social media posts regarding potentials you'll dig deeper gets scary.

But I firmly feel the cdc will begin, if it hasn't already, censoring traditional media. I feel they are begining to censor as the main talking points in each of these potential cases is virtually identical. Once that goes full swing, if t weren't for social media, and resources like this pooling the information, the general public would be left snidely in the dark.
    I'll be taking things with a grain of salt for sure..I hope as the threat becomes real, well eliminate the possible cases from the map and only have confirmed.

I wouldn't remove them, there have been a large number of false negatives in west Africa, maybe set them as a "heightened alert" instead of a possibility? I am not suggesting every negative will turn around and be a positive, but once the initial test comes back negative the CDC says all is well patient was suffering from malaria and send them back out into the community, one false negative and you could see a situation of someone spreading it to several hounded people in short order.

I stickied it
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Awesome, thanks Alaska. I'm hoping this becomes a real asset for our community and others. Feel free to share it. Thanks for the input johnE.

If it's not up yet, Delaware, supposedly a confirmed case child too.
    Last edited by johnEprophet; 10-05-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnEprophet View Post
    If it's not up yet, Delaware, supposedly a confirmed case child too.
    Seriously? Balls... Found it.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ossible-ebola/

Allegedly the CDC determined low possibility of having it, so didn't even bother to do the test. Haha.
    Last edited by guitarsail; 10-05-2014 at 11:07 PM.

One thing to remember some of these people could very well be a secondary contact case.
    According to the CDC is someone who is presenting Ebola like symptoms and doesn't have the travel history to an Ebola effected region, AND hasn't had contact with an Ebola patient or funeral, then they don't qualify for a blood test.

No links, but news ticker said over 80 people in quarantine in US due to Ebola concerns.

Last I heard the CDC was tracking as many as 100 contacts of Mr. Duncan in Dallas, so even if 1% of them have it that is 8 new Ebola patients, providing us our first wave rate of infection at 8.0, and something sure to climb even higher as more people get sick.

Right now a fear of mine that has climbed to the top, is the CDC, government, and media simply whitewashing all of this to avoid public panic, anyone who dies of Ebola gets their cause of death listed as organ failure or something. Would then give the virus a chance to rage through the population.
    Last edited by johnEprophet; 10-06-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Yeah this is all a hot mess. Stay frosty peeps. Another week or so before we see what the outcome of T. Duncan wandering around unchecked with ebola will drop on us. I'm thinking the map might start popping up more at that point.

That, is what you call depressing as shia.