Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 17 fake cell towers discovered in one month

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    The Police have the newer "Hailstorm" cell phone interceptor in my AO. Many police departments are upgrading from Stingray to Hailstorm

For those of you concerned with privacy there are two great free apps for android

The first is "textSecure" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ecuresms&hl=en for sending and receiving encrypted text messages. It uses your data channel instead of the regular voice/text channel and uses AES 256 to encrypt your messages.

The Second is "Red Phone" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...redphone&hl=en for making encrypted cell phone calls, like TextSecure it uses your phone's data channel or WiFi to make encrypted VIOP calls to other users of Red Phone
    Anything like this for iPhone?

I have no idea, I'm an android guy.

Have you looked in the iPhone store thing to see if they have "red phone" and "TextSecure"
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Yea iPhones have that stuff in App Store

Yeah they do, I'll look into it

Has it occurred to anyone that these towers may have been placed by the (KGB) or a muslim group? (HAMAS and ADNAN took down the Murray building in OKC and no one noticed until a white boy driver got caught).

Or some other foreign intelligence service?
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

Vt, lot folks think foriegners hav no to lil intel.

Most places, you can look up the property owner at the county assessor office, some place its a website. There should be the titled owner n contact info in the details section. Most folks use google earth for imagery.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 09-27-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Well someone needs to drive to the tower and look and see if there are any markings or names on the tower or equipment. Look into who owns it and who erected the tower. It could be Betacom or American Tower Corp that erected it... someone knows something. I'll talk to the owner of betacom and some of their tower guys I know and see if they know
    anything.

Ok I just read another article and see that these are portable towers and can be worn in a vest. When I hear the word cell tower I think "TOWER" not a device that can be worn.

Google stingray and hailstorm

if people can handle but idoubt it leave the phone at home once in a while. it wont kill you
    hell how did we get by in the 70's think about it. i see people all day with thier phones
    like crack addics they never get more than 20ft form the car out comes the phone god sakes people get a grip.
    ya wont die if you leave the damm thing in the car while your in the store.