Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idaho Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Daelith View Post
    Didn't even realize there was a public range out there. May need to head out there and knock the rust off of the collection.
    I'll try to remember to get some pictures next time I'm over there.

It is gorgeous through there. Been through there a lot because I grew up in western MT and had relatives in Spokane. Still go through there at least once a year.

I'm loving it. I went fishing after work today and caught a 19 inch squawfish. Big sucker that put up a good fight. Trying to fish 4 or 5 times a week. Going to the range on the other days I was looking at houses on Sunday in a neighborhood near by and I looked out the passenger window and saw a big female elk with a calf about 25 feet away. They were eating apples off a tree in someone's front yard. I have lots of pics to share but give me a few days to get them on photobucket and posted here.

I have been so busy up here, I haven't been on forum much. Thought I'd post a few pics of the new homestead. I put up a trail cam by the front door to the house to catch some of the daily visitors. One of the best parts is that we are out of city limits and I can shoot right off the balcony. Some of those antlers were shed and are now a gun rack

Last edited by pinetopfirefighter; 01-17-2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: text

Darn Beautiful place PT. Also lots of furry critters available for dinner.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Darn Beautiful place PT. Also lots of furry critters available for dinner.
    Never had squirrel, but the one that keeps getting into the house is fixin to be in a stew!

LOL!!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Very nice! Still looking for a place that would work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelith View Post
    Very nice! Still looking for a place that would work for us.
    Thanks. It's tough to find the optimal place. We looked at places for a very long time. Ended up finding our house on craigslist. I really like being on the east side of the pass too. The commute to CDA is beautiful and worth it. The housing over here is way more affordable over too.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetopfirefighter View Post
    Thanks. It's tough to find the optimal place. We looked at places for a very long time. Ended up finding our house on craigslist. I really like being on the east side of the pass too. The commute to CDA is beautiful and worth it. The housing over here is way more affordable over too.
    We go hiking out that way on occasion, definitely beautiful!

Main problem for us is that we're in Spokane and Spokane Valley multiple times a week and if I switch jobs it's almost a given I'll be going into Spokane, otherwise I would have already dragged her out that way. The hills northwest of Rathdrum and the hills south of Post Falls are looking good so far, and even the west side of the lake, but finding something in the realm of what we want that doesn't have a 4k sq ft McMansion on it but does have utilities has been interesting. I hadn't thought to check Craigslist though, thanks for the heads up.