Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Snugpak Jungle Bag review

Default The Snugpak Jungle Bag review

The Snugpak Jungle Bag review:
    Model: Temperature Rating: 45°F to 36°F (7°C to 2°C)
    Color: Tan

From the company:
    The Jungle Bag is an ideal sleeping bag for tropical conditions. Snugpak® has engineered the Jungle Bag with a specific weight of Travelsoft Insulation to maximize the efficiency and needs of those individuals using it. Travelsoft Insulation was selected and chosen for its exceptional performance in hot and humid conditions. Not to mention with the outstanding design efforts of Snugpak's engineers and design team along with the Travelsoft Insulation allows the Jungle Bag to pack smaller than a coconut. Also with its square foot design and zipper placement the Jungle bag can be opened out into a blanket for more versatility when traveling, or just as a barrier between you and what you are about to lay on. Another great feature of the Jungle Bag is its concealed roll away mosquito netting which can be zipped over the face sealing the Jungle Bag giving you protection against mosquitoes, snakes, etc.

Available Colors: Olive, Black, Desert Tan & Red (Please note that the Red version is labeled as Travelpak Traveller)

Construction: Fill: Travelsoft Shell: Paratex, Micro Diamond Liner: Paratex
    Length: 86 inches
    Width: 64 inches
    Weight: 27oz (or 1.7 pounds)
    Pack size: 5” diameter X 9” length

What I found:

Situation: I have used this sleeping bag over a span of 4.5 years. I have used it in the desert of southern California when days were in the triple digits, the tropics of the Pacific with temperatures ranging from the 60s to high 90s with high humidity and now on the east coast mid 70s F. I have used this bag in tandem with larger bags as well as on its own (in matter of fact more on its own than in tandem with larger bags actually). Used in conjunction with the Multimat ground mat and Snuggpak Snuggy Headrest.

The good: It comes in a compression bag and gets down pretty small for a sleeping bag. I am 73” tall, 34” waist, 43” chest, 50.5” around the shoulders. I bought this on a Marine Corps base at the local PX. The extra 4 inches over the Sleeper Lite makes all the difference (if you see my review in the snugpak Sleeper Lite LINK) you know what I am talking about. I have slept with my rifle in this bag and have little difficulty getting in and out of the bag at a moments notice. Price was right around $70.

The snugpak Jungle is a lightweight (I weighed it in at 1.2lbs) and rugged bag. It keeps you comfortable in late spring through summer and early fall temperatures. I found once you get outside of these climates a simple addition of sweatpants and top will still keep you comfortable inside this bag.

I found this a compelling product and one I plan on keeping in my BOB for a long time.

The bad and the ugly: Because of the weight of this product it feels cheap. I assure you though, this perception is false. Its a good sturdy product at a good price.

My final thoughts: Well worth the $, really compact, light weight and does its job well. I would have bought this for double its MSRP value. A keeper for sure.
    "a warrior is not proven only in combat, but also in life. He lives by a code,....... Combat is an extension of that code, not the source." Justin Smith

imo.... at 6'1 185 im way too big fot mine. i gave it to my 11yo son. it fits him snugly..lol the bag is just too small for a high portion of american men. the brits should make an american version.

Now thats funny.
    "a warrior is not proven only in combat, but also in life. He lives by a code,....... Combat is an extension of that code, not the source." Justin Smith

Agree, the bag is too small for my body. I used several of their blankets though, and these are excellent when put together.

Holy post resurection

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Holy post resurection
    Hey, it's only a little over 4 years since the last post. I have see threads on some forums that were revived after almost 10 years.

Ya know I'm all about the Australian hoochie set up these days. Bug net bivy tent with a tarp over it. You can see who's coming after you and keep rain off you

I was going a whole different direction upon reading Australian hoochie.
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Hoochie is always good

no it isn't
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.