Thread: Bee Hives

Default Bee Hives

Well I lost my hive over the winter so I am starting over but doing two hives this year. I have them on a friend's property in Elizabeth. Here are some pics of the packages, queen box and the hives closed up after I placed the queen box, shook in as many bees as I could, covered up and feed in place. I propped the packages in front to allow stragglers to climb into the hives.

Last edited by samurai64; 05-05-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Starship Troopers
    Armageddon was yesterday-Today we have a serious problem.

Default Bee Hives

Right on.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Cool.

Looks good. Sorry about your hive. Do you know what caused its demise? I know it got pretty cold up there.

Serious question- do you have to feed those bees or will they be able to find enough nectar bearing plants out there in Elizabeth?

(BTW- is the prepping group up there in Elizabeth starting back up? I know Chickadee got overwhelmed with work and whatnot. Has life settled down enough to start meeting again?)
    When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Will feed the bees. They will slow down on the sugar water when natural sources are available.

Local group has slowed down meeting but now that HPC is back maybe we can start again. We definately need your family up for some shooting and bbq this summer.
    A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Starship Troopers
    Armageddon was yesterday-Today we have a serious problem.

Samurai64,
    I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would revive it.

My wife has been bugging me about getting a hive or 5. She has even contacted local bee keepers for advise info and goes out with them as they tend the hives. What region are you located? How cold does it get? What strain of bees did/do you have?
    We learn from history that we do not learn from history. Georg Wilhelm F. Hegel