Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver dips below $20

Default Silver dips below $20

That is all.
    When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Good time to buy. It may not be completely at the bottom yet. But I will bet it dont drop below $18.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

A guy skipped out on 3 months rent on a house that I used to have. 10 years later I got a letter from him that he wanted to settle the judgment. He had gotten married and couldn't buy a house. He had lots of silver 1 oz bars and we traded the debt for $4.50 per oz.(Market price at that time). I really kick my self in the butt for not selling it at peak....
    But really cant go wrong on that deal. It will probably fall more. Most people I know are selling because they don't have any money left. Its always good for primers if nothing else.

I think it is bizarre that gold and silver are going down. We hear about several countries buying up alot of gold and many people are worried about SHTF and are also buying gold and silver. Yet the price remains very low. I would say to buy if you have spare cash (but buy plenty of food first!).

I'm just hoping this price holds till payday. I wouldn't mind picking up a bit more.

It's a natural response to the stock market at large improving.

Time-wise the depressed price could last for a while, especially because the only reliably bad news is when earnings reports get announced at the begining of next year.

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    A guy skipped out on 3 months rent on a house that I used to have. 10 years later I got a letter from him that he wanted to settle the judgment. He had gotten married and couldn't buy a house. He had lots of silver 1 oz bars and we traded the debt for $4.50 per oz.(Market price at that time). I really kick my self in the butt for not selling it at peak....
    But really cant go wrong on that deal. It will probably fall more. Most people I know are selling because they don't have any money left. Its always good for primers if nothing else.
    After some big stock market loses in 2000, I cashed out and bought PMs. Silver was about $4 then, but I wanted Eagles and the mark up made it about $7 a coin. Bought mostly gold Eagles (and a few Maple Leafs) since paying almost double the market price for silver seemed high, in hindsight wish I'd have bought more silver. Haven't added to the stash much since, but thinking about it now at these prices. Regretting not selling at least some of it at the peak too.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

I am finally pretty comfortable with my preps so I just started venturing into buying silver. I just picked up 5 one ounce bars and am looking for deals on coins and bars as well. On coins, I'm sticking with pre-'64 quarters.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Below $19...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnywag View Post
    Below $19...
    Wow! That is low.

Joe - NY