Thread: CB External Speaker Question

Default CB External Speaker Question

Ok so I have a question... I have a Cobra Ultra compact CB in one of my vehicles. I have tried running a cable from the speaker output on the CB to the AUX input on my Pioneer Stereo. It works great besides the fact I hear myself when I TX.... Any idea why it's doing that? I am about to switch to a real external speaker but don't wanna buy one if I'm gonna have the same issue.

check and see if you have a talkback switch on your radio. If you do just turn it off.

Are you hearing talkback in the factory speaker in the cb?

If not, it does not have talkback in the radio.

If someone installed a talkback in the radio, they usually jump the external speaker solder joint and PA solder joint (foil side of pc board) with a 68 to 100 ohm 1/4w resistor.

I bet the plug you are plugging in has the wrong terminal type, or having stereo sound in your pickup will cause it too.

I have doubts you will have any talkback in a regular 8 ohm external speaker made for cb radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Are you hearing talk back in the factory speaker in the cb?

If not, it does not have talk back in the radio.

I bet the plug you are plugging in has the wrong terminal type.

I have doubts you will have any talk back in a regular 8 ohm external speaker made for cb radio.
    I will agree some what with trappers diagnosis.

The compact is the cheapest model that Cobra makes.

Maybe he has the PA switch in the wrong position...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cobra-19-U...-Radio/4642484

Or you are getting feed back into your stereo because your antenna is not installed properly and is not resonant. RF on the feed line will cause feed back into a cheap car stereo..