Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Austin and Surrounding Area

Default Austin and Surrounding Area

Militia Momma here in North Austin- Looking to grow and learn from others as well as help others do the same. I am a member of Texas State Militia-Austin Shadow Company. Visit my blog or find me on Face Book under Militia Momma. If you are interested in the Texas State Militia visit. I am also active in a Ladies Only Gun Club called Ladies of Liberty. I want to encourage women to get active in their local militia's and gun clubs-socialize with like minded people and build a prepper network in your area. Any Austinites in the house?
    Last edited by KINGCHIP; 02-22-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Militia Momma View Post
    Visit my blog at www.militiamomma.wordpress.com or find me on Face Book under Militia Momma.
    "I never should have made it, but I'm still alive" "Dead End Streets", RevCo

I was just introducing myself and trying to give people an idea of who I was and where I was coming from. It's not spam and there is nothing in the rules about sharing such info. Thanks for the warm welcome.

ahhh, leave her alone man, she actually came back to read responses. most spammers don't do that....lol'
    I do think the lack of response to your introduction thread is the M word. most here don't like to talk about that sort of thing and are weary of people whom they don't know using said M word.
    welcome btw.
    Last edited by driftz240; 02-21-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Well one of my goals is to humanize said 'M' word. We've been given a bad rap- I am an accountant, a mother of four, a chrsitian and conservative 2a supporter. I am in the militia but I am not militant or over the edge and neither is my group and many of others I have met. I don't hate the government. I am just concerned about some of the choices being made and where we are headed. I am also a prepper, although relatively new to that concept. I have only been in the militia and prepping about a year. But I feel that both aspects will become extremely important in the days to come. Thanks for the welcome.

I see nothing wrong with what she posted....welcome from SE Ga....
    Live Free or Die

thanks Wildcat

Accountants welcome! Let's gear up some tax talk!! LOL.

Joe - NY (CPA)

no thank you- I'm 'taxed' on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    Accountants welcome! Let's gear up some tax talk!! LOL.

Joe - NY (CPA)

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    I do think the lack of response to your introduction thread is the M word. most here don't like to talk about that sort of thing and are weary of people whom they don't know using said M word.
    Indeed. Many of us have zero interest in militias and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Militia Momma View Post
    I was just introducing myself and trying to give people an idea of who I was and where I was coming from. It's not spam and there is nothing in the rules about sharing such info. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Sorry if the joke pic offended. It was just, literally, the third post I saw this link posted. One of them was edited by a mod to remove URL though. Anyway, welcome aboard. This is a great forum to discuss getting prepared.
    Last edited by Rivet; 02-21-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    "I never should have made it, but I'm still alive" "Dead End Streets", RevCo