Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to run to?

the people who have established "MAGS" with land and a plan generally don't talk much about what they are doing?

I'm just here for the cookies.

15yrsoffgrid,
    When you say this is the first forum you have looked into before launching into your spiel, you should know that many of us here belong to other forums as well. And this is not your first look at this type forum.
    Thanks, and have a nice day!
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

There is no perfect location to escape to. Obviously a BOL is ideal, but any location can be compromised by a natural disaster or marauders. It's best to come up with a few bug-out options based on location, resources and proximity to others.

Find the DUMBs, that where the folks responsible, will be hiding.

In all fairness, he was trying to sell a site and I kind of edited out the link. I hate links on a first post. So it may have made more sense before the delete.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by TripSeven View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

Wifey and I vacated the metropolis of Houston in October and moved closer to jeffe KingChip in the Hill country.
    We have a few acres off the beaten path, not to far from a town and not too close either.

Lists are available for a simple search, preparations are more a matter of mindset and knowing how to use what you already have rather than the finances to buy a truckload of stuff. Then combine that with making different choices at the grocery store or wally world.

One of the semi regular debates and topics of discussion had here is: how to deal with transient beggars and family members who laughed at us while we went about getting ready, and show up at the door with a hand out.

Most preppers aren't excited about advertising enough stored food to last a family for months or years - conversely that same supply would last a mob just a few days if they knew about it.

cheers
    You moved out here? I didn't get the invite for the housewarming. Damn rural mail service.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    You moved out here? I didn't get the invite for the housewarming. Damn rural mail service.

Silly me! I prolly sent it to your BOL.

The move is one of the reasons I've been so scarce recently.

Rural mail carriers are an interesting lot. I've met the full time guy (looks like Santa Claus, only havin a rough day) and his sub when he's out. That guy pushes his food down his throat with his eyeballs when he swallows, same as a turtle. Interesting lot to be certain...
    777 FGG

In all fairness, he was trying to sell a site and I kind of edited out the link. I hate links on a first post. So it may have made more sense before the delete.
    Also 'splains why he hasn't been back to respond or post other stuff.
    777 FGG

Ahhhh, now it all makes sense.

Joe - NY