Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Could a drought trigger SHTF?

Quote Originally Posted by yurtee View Post
    they most definitely CAN do somethign about overpopulation. YO ucan TAX parents for each kid, instead of giving them a tax break. You can stop funding public education with money taken at gunpoint from other people. You can pass laws that lock women up for having more than one live birth, etc. See? You just can't think out of your little "box".
    OK, so freedom means nothing to you. Got it.

What a ****wad.
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by yurtee View Post
    they most definitely CAN do somethign (sic) about overpopulation. YO ucan (sic) TAX parents for each kid, instead of giving them a tax break. You can stop funding public education with money taken at gunpoint from other people. You can pass laws that lock women up for having more than one live birth, etc. See? You just can't think out of your little "box".
    "I never should have made it, but I'm still alive" "Dead End Streets", RevCo

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel. MD View Post
    OK, so freedom means nothing to you. Got it.
    What a ****wad.
    I knew I liked you, Doc.........

Your sign failed to show on my screen at first, Rivet. I thought you were agreeing for a minute!

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic Weapon View Post
    Your sign failed to show on my screen at first, Rivet. I thought you were agreeing for a minute!

Fortunately, the sign turned out to be accurate as to what happened to him.
    Last edited by Rivet; 04-16-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    "I never should have made it, but I'm still alive" "Dead End Streets", RevCo

Lets see , food in California is dropping off, wheat in Oklahoma is very bad this year , food going up in price as we speak and that isn't counting bad crops this year SO yes SHTF may be in our future if we have another 1 or 2 yrs of this crap. The winter coming up might be a repeat of last year COLD. Start loading up

Dont forget the price of meat (beef, chicken and pork are all up in the double digit %), fuel is up (that ground war in Gaza spill over or someone do something dumb in the Mid-East, could cause a price spike at the pump), all those things are a drag on Main St America, and could cause the "Recovery" to move back into Recession.
    I fully agree with you, if a continued drought in CA could really lead to a SHTF situation. Think it would be more of a slow moving one.

Yes think of the frog in the slowly boiling water ,it doesn't know it's boiling to death until its to late. That's us!

The question I ask is how long are people going to stick around a area that is in a continuing drought? Businesses?
    If you live there now, and could get out, would you? Where would you move to?

Quote Originally Posted by ManualLabor View Post
    The question I ask is how long are people going to stick around a area that is in a continuing drought? Businesses?
    If you live there now, and could get out, would you? Where would you move to?
    The smart ones will sell while they can, the others will wait for government "assistance".