Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have a firearm? Better have a plan

Default Have a firearm? Better have a plan

Anyone who has firearms for any reason, should have a plan for dealing with this sort of problem - either intentional or accidental.

Warning: This youtube video is quite graphic. While I don't know the ultimate outcome of the victim, I doubt it would turn out well for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e8gGXZDRY0

A human can bleed to death in less than two minutes from this type of injury. It is also quite hard to treat: Even a tourniquet may be useless if the injury is too high on the leg. The only treatment would be to immediately pack the wound with a hemostatic bandage (combat gauze), apply lots of pressure, and get higher medical help, fast.

So, have the right tools at hand.
    Good medicine in bad places

Cattail fibers, I have been told, have the same properties as quick clot. I would recommend something geared towards bullet extraction. That crap sucks.

I'm guessing that dude didn't make it.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Im guessing dude should of asked help from someone besides a group of soldiers.

Street thugs do similar almost every day here in America.

Or, you could not go around grabbing at men with guns in the first place. That is a good plan for not having to deal with that.

While i didnt understand the dirka, im quite sure that was common street justice.

Notice no soldiers or civilians are trying to help him. In the begining some civilian has him then he pleads to the soldiers who shoots him. I would suspect the civilian who has him huckle bucked in the beginning caught him doing something stupid like stealing, n caught him n turned him in.

Pretty sure it was a botched robbery, isnt that what the civilian in the beginning is sayn.

Tho he did grab the barrel, he wasnt tryn to gain possesion of the weapon, just didnt want high speed from pointing the gun at him. I find situations like that best to shut up n walk away as fast n calm as can b.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 09-30-2013 at 02:20 PM.

I reckon if you get shot by several AK, you're not going to make it. All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put you back together again

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel.MD
    So, have the right tools at hand.
    well, I could be holed up in a hospital full of tools and equipment, but without the knowledge and experience, I'm still SOL.

My plan is to avoid, avoid, avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic Weapon View Post
    Cattail fibers, I have been told, have the same properties as quick clot. I would recommend something geared towards bullet extraction. That crap sucks.
    Removing the bullet outside of a surgical theater is pretty much a guarantee of a dead patient. And if you are going to carry something, carry the right stuff. And no, cattail fibers aren't quick clot
    Good medicine in bad places

Noted. Wow, graphic is right!

Joe-NY

You want graphic, search for the vid of american contractors getting their heads sawed off with a blunt machette, head become dismembered, eyes n mouths still moving for several seconds sometimes almost a minute.

Want even more graphic, be one who finds the heads out in fields after the local dogs have chewed on them for a bit.

That guys hole in the arm n one in a leg were nothing. He could of survived that with proper first aid, n a quick ride to the hospital. Granted I believe those soldiers in the vid just let him bleed to death.

It happens, so sad! Wha!