Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israeli Bandages

Default Israeli Bandages

Just something I came across tonght I found both helpful and sold me on getting some of these when I get a chance. Thought I would share.

Vox Populi!

They WORK!!! Plenty of unwanted experience using them and one unfortunate time wearing them. Of all the field dressings issued, these were the best. I keep these and quick clot on hand in my BOB and I have a pouch on all my gear with one inside it.

well let me ask you. Since space is limited in our bags. Which size do you carry. or is it worth carrying different sizes?
    Vox Populi!

In the army in Israel everyone carries one of the smaller bandages in an outside pouch with a two tourniquets. The medics carry the assorted ones with IV fluids and so forth.

You still need to pack the wound. This product although very good, still does not do that. I like the blood clotting agents that are impregnated in the gauze, pack the wound and then put the I.B. on it.

I keep a 4" and 6" in my packs and all FA kits........

4" in your personal IFAK. assorted others in CLS / AID bags.
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt 700 View Post
    You still need to pack the wound. This product although very good, still does not do that. I like the blood clotting agents that are impregnated in the gauze, pack the wound and then put the I.B. on it.
    well, following your logic, blood clot goes into the wound, having it on the wrapping gause is pointless( except maybe road rash)..

Quote Originally Posted by GeneC View Post
    well, following your logic, blood clot goes into the wound, having it on the wrapping gause is pointless( except maybe road rash)..
    Hemostatic agents (quick clot, celox) should only be used on penetrating, bleeding wounds. The biggest problem with their use in country is people using them for everything - not helpful, and not a good use of resources.

So, you should have combat gauze and regular gauze.
    Good medicine in bad places

You can shove pounds of gauze in a body, imgaine it doesnt feel very good, probs alot like dying!