Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for friends that can benefit from the space we have in excess

Default Looking for friends that can benefit from the space we have in excess

My husband and I are 45 and 34, respectively, and we have a 2 Ĺ year old daughter as well as a 9 year old Labrador. We have a very large Paid Off(!) house on about a half-acre in a very small town in central North Dakota. The house in its current configuration has 9 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on three floors plus a full basement; we plan to change that to 8 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The town has a whopping 45 residents. We also have 10 acres in another centrally located state that has one payment left (Woo-hoo!) That land is beautiful, but it is raw land with no improvements other than the road in and that is 4 wheel drive only. We travel for work all of the time right now, and had been prepped on a small scale for a long time and had been storing our stuff on the 10 acres (since it was centrally located) but the location was unattended and sadly we were robbed of most our goodies. So we have begun laying away again slowly in amounts that we can keep with us at all times. We are taking steps to move to the house very soon (probably mid-April) and begin prepping in earnest to make that our main bug-in/bug-out location. It has always been our goal to live as self-sufficiently as possible while making use of the grid yet being ready for it to fail. We have many skills and are pretty handy with a toolbox. The house needs a lot of work. Itís well worth it and has many excellent features as well. We are looking for some friends (extended family) that can benefit from the space we have in excess and have skill sets we donít. (Thereís always room for a carpenter and a medic, lol)
    We are not looking for someone to provide security while we feed them or someone to feed us while we provide security for them. We think working together and recognizing each otherís strengths and weaknesses will make a much stronger bond between members.
    This is not for everyone however it is for some if this is you feel free to contact us, ask anything thatís on your mind, we will answer. CountryandPeaches[at]live[dot]com.
    P.S. Unlike other groups we have seen, you can occupy (if all agree) i.e. we accept you and you accept us at will. We do expect a certain amount of participation. In our opinion you should be able to realize and employ the benefits of your efforts as it pertains to your situation.
    United we Stand. Divided we Fall.

good luck with your endeavors

Thanks!

My husband and I are 45 and 34, respectively, and we have a 2 Ĺ year old daughter as well as a 9 year old Labrador. We have a very large Paid Off(!) house on about a half-acre in a very small town in central North Dakota. The house in its current configuration has 9 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on three floors plus a full basement; we plan to change that to 8 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The town has a whopping 45 residents. We also have 10 acres in another centrally located state that has one payment left (Woo-hoo!) That land is beautiful, but it is raw land with no improvements other than the road in and that is 4 wheel drive only. We travel for work all of the time right now, and had been prepped on a small scale for a long time and had been storing our stuff on the 10 acres (since it was centrally located) but the location was unattended and sadly we were robbed of most our goodies. So we have begun laying away again slowly in amounts that we can keep with us at all times. We are taking steps to move to the house very soon (probably mid-April) and begin prepping in earnest to make that our main bug-in/bug-out location. It has always been our goal to live as self-sufficiently as possible while making use of the grid yet being ready for it to fail. We have many skills and are pretty handy with a toolbox. The house needs a lot of work. Itís well worth it and has many excellent features as well. We are looking for some friends (extended family) that can benefit from the space we have in excess and have skill sets we donít. (Thereís always room for a carpenter and a medic, lol)
    We are not looking for someone to provide security while we feed them or someone to feed us while we provide security for them. We think working together and recognizing each otherís strengths and weaknesses will make a much stronger bond between members.
    This is not for everyone however it is for some if this is you feel free to contact us, ask anything thatís on your mind, we will answer. CountryandPeaches[at]live[dot]com.
    P.S. Unlike other groups we have seen, you can occupy (if all agree) i.e. we accept you and you accept us at will. We do expect a certain amount of participation. In our opinion you should be able to realize and employ the benefits of your efforts as it pertains to your situation.

A very generous offer CP. Hope you find a group you can work with. It's a little far for a BOL for me.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Thanks for the reply if you need us you know where we are. On the other hand I hope it's a lot to far for most(non preppers), kinda counting on it. I would think a deprived group of individuals would be hard pressed and severely depleted if they even found it necessary to venture our way. However we will be well supplied and on watch.

Look on www.freedomconnector.com to see if any groups organized in the area of your 10 acre property.
    A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Starship Troopers
    Armageddon was yesterday-Today we have a serious problem.

That sucks about having your supplies stolen. I'm sure you guys weren't expecting that. Can you bury smaller caches or bring in a shipping container for storage?

Yea it sucked over three years of collecting stuff. You ever know something and not be able to prove it.
    A young man (local) ,has a daughter no job still lives with parents. YOU get the picture? Well when ever I get laid off (once a year depending on project) I would go home and work on the land, we had a jobsite trailer that we stored are stuff in. I would hire him from time to time help build fence,dig holes etc, now I'm laid off not earning income but still willing to help out someone. Most I done by my self but occasionally I would use him. At the same time our stuff got stolen his parents house got robbed and some others as well. We did not know it had happened for a while. He had already been arrested and convicted. We filed a police report but because it had been so long and we are not present all the time it was to no avail. He mainly got tools,sporting goods,camping supplies,all my wife's cast iron(and that was a lot),generators yea two of them,chain saws,garden tiller well you get the idea. What hurt the most was ammo and powder a significant amount. I viewed it as a act of war! they/he whoever took my survival gear.
    After a while (a long while) I got my head straight and started over slow and small. The birth of our daughter has slowed our travel and we are looking forward to settling in our big ole house.
    North Dakota offers a lot of work in my field. We feel we could not have built a better structure suited for the need as the house we bought. In town not the best but a town of 45 farming family's yea that's ok a 1/2 acre not the amount we want but we are in the process of buying three additional lots (apx 1.5 acre's) should be plenty. I have entertained the thought of talking to some of the guys outside of town with more ground about raising larger animals. That's just a thought there are plenty of farm raised animals around and for sale or trade. Well sorry to vent maybe my story will help someone else before its too late.
    Not sure what we will do with the ten acres we are concentrating our efforts in North Dakota.
    Thank you and good luck.

Made the last land payment today! whew should free up a little money in the budget. I'm proud to say we own the ten acres free and clear.