Thread: Erythromycin dosing question

Default Erythromycin dosing question

My mother suspects she has either bronchitis, respiratory infection, or worst case pneumonia. She is complaining of a severe cough, sore throat, and tickling in her chest when she breaths in too deeply like when youd take in too much water swimming at the beach. If this were a post teotwawki environment and i couldnt find a doctor, how much, how frequently, and for how long would i give her antibiotics? I have fish erythromycin in 250 mg capsules that i have stocked up in case the day comes where we cant get access to a Dr. My mom is 60yrs old and weighs about 160lbs. I read on the internet 500mg (2 pills) three times a day (roughly every six hours ) for seven days.does this jive? This is merely a hypothetical...
    Diplomacy is saying "Nice doggy" while you look for a rock

500mg every six hours, four times daily not three times daily.
    A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Starship Troopers
    Armageddon was yesterday-Today we have a serious problem.

And be careful Erythromycin is one of the antibiotics that won't last forever. It can and will make you sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma junkie View Post
    And be careful Erythromycin is one of the antibiotics that won't last forever. It can and will make you sick!
    One of the strangest false rumors in medicine. Not true at all, not even for tetracycline.
    Good medicine in bad places

add mucinex, too. It's a wonder drug.