Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tapco's new slabside AK-47 30 rounders

Default Tapco's new slabside AK-47 30 rounders

I finally broke down and ordered a 6 pack of the new Tapco slabside mags for my AK. I have some of the older waffle side, and they don't fit the pouch like good old steel. Well, say hello to a cheap alternative to the Bulgy slabside.

They are available in 3 colors. Flat dark earth, traditional orange, or black. I ordered black to match the furniture on my Arsenal. Straight out of the package, they locked up really tight in my Arsenal, but cured the mag wobble in a bud's WASR. I did have to do some minor fitment on the mag catch tab to suit my tastes. YMMV. After a few insertions/extractions and some minor sanding, they drop free just like my steel mags. The feed lips/catch are not reinforced like the Bulgy, but are very stout. Tapco ditched the plastic floor plate for a traditional stamped steel. The feed lips only flexed out .001" when loaded, and fed flawless. They even fit my surplus pouches just as good as the steel mags. They are running about $13 bucks+ride right now, but Tapco is debating dropping the waffle mags and going entirely slabside due to customer response. They are working on a 5.56/5.45 variant for the AK-74 crowd, as well as a 20 round "tanker" model, so stay tuned.

All in all, well worth every penny I paid for them, being finding any surplus mags cheap anymore is becoming virtually impossible. Tapco has a winner on their hands.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

I'm going to order some. I never bought any of the waffle Tapco mags, too many mixed reivews, these look promising. I wish I would have bought a crate of surplus mags back in the day when you could get them under $10 a mag.
    I still hate commies, even after they changed their name to liberals...

Don't make the mistake I did and buy any of the plums, they aren't even close to matching the color of KVar or Bulgy plum.

ANy chance of this in 5.45?
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.

Where are you finding these? I just got a WASR a couple weeks ago and it came with 2 good steel mags but I wouldn't mind having a couple more around.

Here are a couple places. I guess it's no surprise they are currently sold out.
    http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/a...1_598_608.html
    http://www.milsurpstuff.com/products...9%29+Magazines

Yea, I them sites up too. Out of stock everywhere. oh well, my ak is more my range toy anyways

ohhhh snap moncler jackets....fooo reeeeelz, on salz

Do people who run these adbots REALLY think they get hits to there crappy knockoff websites?

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Ok, Al...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...