Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Ohio from AZ in a couple of months

I apologize for not responding. I couldn't remember which site I posted this message. I am going to be working for my father in Fredericktown. He recently told me that if I bring my 30 round AR mags I would have to get a class 3 license. That is a major bummer. What are the concealed carry laws up there?
    " I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier"

Quote Originally Posted by Ldsparamedic View Post
    I apologize for not responding. I couldn't remember which site I posted this message. I am going to be working for my father in Fredericktown. He recently told me that if I bring my 30 round AR mags I would have to get a class 3 license. That is a major bummer. What are the concealed carry laws up there?
    Huh?? I have 30 rd AK and AR mags that I have purchased at local gunshops without any license. I don't know what he's talking about. CCW licenses are not a problem, you just need to take a course, fill out the application and take it to the county sherrif.

Thank you for the information.
    " I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier"

In Ohio a magazine that holds 31rds or more inserted into a firearm turns that weapon into a machine gun.
    When Death looks you in the eye and smiles,smile back with a 45.

Quote Originally Posted by RAILBUGGY View Post
    In Ohio a magazine that holds 31rds or more inserted into a firearm turns that weapon into a machine gun.
    WOW !!! I need to take mine up there then. I smell a huge profit. Work for 10/22's also? Machine guns are a blast to shoot, even though I can't afford to feed one now.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

20 minutes east of Indiana border...as for mags that take 31 rounds being machine guns...I served for over 20 years and to my knowledge a machine gun is full auto..

is this thread still alive?I am originally from Indiana I moved to Florida from early 2010 to late mid 2013 . About a month ago I moved just west of Columbus and now looking for a local MAG..
    Find me at:
    http://preparingtolive.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ldsparamedic View Post
    Hi all. I'm moving the family up to Knox County, OH in a couple of months due to a job. Where are the like minded folks at in the Buckeye state?
    I'm new to this forum, but I left AZ back in May for Ohio. My family is here and I felt like AZ was getting worse, didn't want to be there if SHTF you know? It's good you have a job to come to here, I've been looking for work with no luck since June!

you guys moving into a new area or just trying to connect locally .... try using the "match" sites specific for preppers ....

good one .... www.preppergroups.com ...... Ohio has a good size list
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 09-10-2014 at 10:13 AM.