Thread: Seed Oil Press

Default Seed Oil Press

I'm going to be picking up a Piteba oil press and was wondering if anyone does any seed oil extracting on here. We have a lot of sunflowers and I'd like to make better use of the seeds. Does anyone do any of their own oil extracting?

I am not doing it, but I was contemplating about doing that with soybeans for bio diesel.
    Preparing so that I may live better today and post shtf.

Default Bio Diesel from Algae

I am dying to try this, but don't know the first thing about it. There is a 'manual' I have seen on the net for about $100 that I am thinking about getting, was wondering if anyone else here already had it.

I currently don't own any diesel vehicles, but have 2 gas powered work vans for my business that I will have to replace eventually. I chew through a little over $350 of gas per week total and if I could make my own fuel it would cut that cost significantly, two birds one stone.

My main question is if there are an potential issues with living in NY and the extreme cold with bio fuel made from algae?

Joe-NY

Back to the OP. I do not but am eager to hear from any who do. Thanks for bringing this subject up. Cooking oil and butter do not store well because of the fat. But for a long term SHTF, creating our own would be a harsh reality. I've seen videos on you tube but I don't recall any discussions about it. It looks quite involved (read laborious). Good subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    I am dying to try this, but don't know the first thing about it. There is a 'manual' I have seen on the net for about $100 that I am thinking about getting, was wondering if anyone else here already had it.

I currently don't own any diesel vehicles, but have 2 gas powered work vans for my business that I will have to replace eventually. I chew through a little over $350 of gas per week total and if I could make my own fuel it would cut that cost significantly, two birds one stone.

My main question is if there are an potential issues with living in NY and the extreme cold with bio fuel made from algae?

Joe-NY
    running straight bio-diesel in cold weather is impossible because of the gelling issues, even todays B-10 and B-20 blends are horrible unless you run a fuel conditioner/anti gel product like Howes or 911 ect
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning...

Heres a site that can get one started on making bio diesel

http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/

A site for making ethynol

http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/index.html
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning...

had this on my Amazon wish list for quite a while, my thoughts along the lines of the
    Cooking oil and butter do not store well because of the fat. But for a long term SHTF, creating our own would be a harsh reality.
    we have tons (literally) of walnuts and that's why I am considering it. Haven't pulled the trigger cause of the expense.

would really know what others have experienced.

might have helped if the OP had shown the press, then everyone would know this is for making a cup or two, so not appropriate for biodiesel

http://www.amazon.com/Piteba-Nut-See...I20P5QUVEEME31