Thread: Beryl's winds at 70 mph as it rolls in

Default Beryl's winds at 70 mph as it rolls in

Man the wind has picked up at work tonite...We just had a 70mph gust.... Not a lot of rain yet, which we need..
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by C. Wildcat View Post
    Man the wind has picked up at work tonite...We just had a 70mph gust.... Not a lot of rain yet, which we need..
    I was out on the beach this morning watching the rotation at the northern end of the storm. The waves were larger than I had seen in some time, and the winds were consistently 30mph with 40-50mph gusts.

Looks like hurricane season may be interesting this year.
    Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men.

Lost power at 1:20am.....didn't get it back until mid morning and cable internet came back online about 30 mins ago....plenty of rain and wind but no damage! But, more rain and wind on the way!

The weather guys really tried to hype this up as usual. They won't be in full backpedal until tomorrow.

HYPE. We had 72 mile vertical winds a few weeks ago here. Just another day in paradise.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields