Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 164

Thread: Ultimate SHTF: Martial Law...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The 1st Circle of Hell AKA Beckley WV
    Posts
    1,980

    Default Ultimate SHTF: Martial Law...

    Ok, this might be a surprise for some of you, but to me the ultimate SHTF is a martial law scenario. Here is why, its both a slow burn & a flash fire SHTF. Martial Law means the basic spirit of what makes America, America is gone. The Constitution is thrown away & with it rights as recognized by the government. Call what you like but governments are invented by men & men are corrupt & weak, myself included.

    The lights work, the water runs in your sinks but you have no rights& well Katrina comes to mind but so does a lot of other things including having to defend myself against other Americans who think they are doing whats right I bring this up off a conversation I had with a friend.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    3,398

    Default

    I think anything is possible. Martial law included.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arizonastan
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draven Azropht View Post
    Ok, this might be a surprise for some of you, but to me the ultimate SHTF is a martial law scenario. Here is why, its both a slow burn & a flash fire SHTF. Martial Law means the basic spirit of what makes America, America is gone. The Constitution is thrown away & with it rights as recognized by the government. Call what you like but governments are invented by men & men are corrupt & weak, myself included.

    The lights work, the water runs in your sinks but you have no rights& well Katrina comes to mind but so does a lot of other things including having to defend myself against other Americans who think they are doing whats right I bring this up off a conversation I had with a friend.
    No kidding. This is something I worry about to. I want to paint the picture of what martial law can look like.

    I remember in Iraq we cordoned off an entire town for 3 days (this wasn't uncommon, but this town in particular I will never forget). It was decided that if one more soldier out of our patrol base would be injured by an insurgent, that we would cordon & search the entire town. Sure enough, less than a week later, one of our guys got shot, so we hit the town. I WILL NOT NAME THE PARTICULAR VILLAGE.

    It was a joint Iraqi / US Forces raid. We had about a company size element of US Infantry & MPs, Air assets (Kiowas & Apaches), Psy-ops and intel troops, and about a battalion of Iraqi Army & several dozen Iraqi Policemen (IP's). The idea was that the IRAQI's would search the houses, and we would be there to observe and assist. That way, if the people got pissed, they could blame the IP's, not us. (This would be like the US Army and DHS raiding your neighborhood, but using local authorities, or even FOREIGN LEOs, to do the dirty work).

    Our orders were pretty simple - DISARM THE ENTIRE TOWN, and detain any known or SUSPECTED Insurgents (This was based on US and Iraqi intel). Iraqi Law stated that the head of household was allowed ONE AK47 for personal defense, but said nothing about AMMUNITION. So, we left each house with ONE AK47, but confiscated all magazines and loose ammo, and arrested anyone who had anything other than the AK (Pistols in particular were illegal by Iraqi Law, unless you were LE or MIL).
    (NOTE - Some of our own Congressmen and Senators say the same of us - The 2nd Amendment protects Firearms, NOT AMMUNITION OR MAGAZINES).

    NO ONE was allowed outside - not even to go to Mosque on Friday, not even for medical care, not even to go to the Market for food. Imagine that scenario here... can't go to Church, can't go to the hospital, can't go to the grocery store. Total control. People were detained if they so much as stepped outside to see what was going on.

    During the three day period, I believe we made well over 350 arrests, and confiscated HUNDREDS of fire arms and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

    NOW - Think about all of that. I'm sure some will say "That is Iraq, it can't happen here." Why not? Look at how things are happening with now. We have a president who REPEATEDLY violates the constitution to further his own agenda (Recently declaring that Senate was not in session, even though it was, to make ILLEGAL RECESS APPOINTMENTS), and many other infractions... and NO ONE STOPS HIM. The SCOTUS won't even challenge him. The Goobermint sent THOUSANDS of guns to Mexico (Fast & Furious), which resulted in the death of BP Agent Brian Terry (WHO WAS FORCED TO ENGAGE F&F AK47 TOTING CRIMINALS WITH A BEANBAG SHOTGUN), and countless other deaths on both sides of the border, and Great Leader, by EXECUTIVE FIAT declares a gun purchase reporting law for border states. AGAIN - NO CHALLENGE. Obummer gets subpoena'd by the state of Georgia to show proof of citizenship - AND IGNORES THE SUBPOENA. That would get any other CITIZEN ARRESTED.

    I say all of this to show you what could happen to you. Imagine HUNDREDS of armored vehicles surrounding your neighborhood. Imagine 35 troops breaking your door in and storming into your home with rifles, demanding that you lie face down and not move while they rip your house apart. Imagine being allowed to keep a rifle, but all magazines and ammo are removed from your home. Ammo YOU BOUGHT. Imagine all that food storage you have, THOUSANDS of dollars in FD and DH foods confiscated "For the greater good." Imagine being arrested because DHS has intel that you are a survivalist or a patriot because of certain websites you frequent. Imagine a curfew so strict that YOU CAN'T EVEN LEAVE YOUR HOME AND GO TO CHURCH!!

    All they need is a good enough reason.

    Pray. Get active. Have a plan.
    Last edited by SteelWolf; 01-30-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    3,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelWolf View Post
    No kidding. This is something I worry about to. I want to paint the picture of what martial law can look like.

    I remember in Iraq we cordoned off an entire town for 3 days (this wasn't uncommon, but this town in particular I will never forget). It was decided that if one more soldier out of our patrol base would be injured by an insurgent, that we would cordon & search the entire town. Sure enough, less than a week later, one of our guys got shot, so we hit the town. I WILL NOT NAME THE PARTICULAR VILLAGE.

    It was a joint Iraqi / US Forces raid. We had about a company size element of US Infantry & MPs, Air assets (Kiowas & Apaches), Psy-ops and intel troops, and about a battalion of Iraqi Army & several dozen Iraqi Policemen (IP's). The idea was that the IRAQI's would search the houses, and we would be there to observe and assist. That way, if the people got pissed, they could blame the IP's, not us. (This would be like the US Army and DHS raiding your neighborhood, but using local authorities, or even FOREIGN LEOs, to do the dirty work).

    Our orders were pretty simple - DISARM THE ENTIRE TOWN, and detain any known or SUSPECTED Insurgents (This was based on US and Iraqi intel). Iraqi Law stated that the head of household was allowed ONE AK47 for personal defense, but said nothing about AMMUNITION. So, we left each house with ONE AK47, but confiscated all magazines and loose ammo, and arrested anyone who had anything other than the AK (Pistols in particular were illegal by Iraqi Law, unless you were LE or MIL).
    (NOTE - Some of our own Congressmen and Senators say the same of us - The 2nd Amendment protects Firearms, NOT AMMUNITION OR MAGAZINES).

    NO ONE was allowed outside - not even to go to Mosque on Friday, not even for medical care, not even to go to the Market for food. Imagine that scenario here... can't go to Church, can't go to the hospital, can't go to the grocery store. Total control. People were detained if they so much as stepped outside to see what was going on.

    During the three day period, I believe we made well over 350 arrests, and confiscated HUNDREDS of fire arms and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

    NOW - Think about all of that. I'm sure some will say "That is Iraq, it can't happen here." Why not? Look at how things are happening with now. We have a president who REPEATEDLY violates the constitution to further his own agenda (Recently declaring that Senate was not in session, even though it was, to make ILLEGAL RECESS APPOINTMENTS), and many other infractions... and NO ONE STOPS HIM. The SCOTUS won't even challenge him. The Goobermint sent THOUSANDS of guns to Mexico (Fast & Furious), which resulted in the death of BP Agent Brian Terry (WHO WAS FORCED TO ENGAGE F&F AK47 TOTING CRIMINALS WITH A BEANBAG SHOTGUN), and countless other deaths on both sides of the border, and Great Leader, by EXECUTIVE FIAT declares a gun purchase reporting law for border states. AGAIN - NO CHALLENGE. Obummer gets subpoena'd by the state of Georgia to show proof of citizenship - AND IGNORES THE SUBPOENA. That would get any other CITIZEN ARRESTED.

    I say all of this to show you what could happen to you. Imagine HUNDREDS of armored vehicles surrounding your neighborhood. Imagine 35 troops breaking your door in and storming into your home with rifles, demanding that you lie face down and not move while they rip your house apart. Imagine being allowed to keep a rifle, but all magazines and ammo are removed from your home. Ammo YOU BOUGHT. Imagine all that food storage you have, THOUSANDS of dollars in FD and DH foods confiscated "For the greater good." Imagine being arrested because DHS has intel that you are a survivalist or a patriot because of certain websites you frequent. Imagine a curfew so strict that YOU CAN'T EVEN LEAVE YOUR HOME AND GO TO CHURCH!!

    All they need is a good enough reason.

    Pray. Get active. Have a plan.
    I am taking that entire statement and saving it if you don't mind. Anyone who has a spouse that is not on board, should have them read this.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arizonastan
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinetopfirefighter View Post
    I am taking that entire statement and saving it if you don't mind. Anyone who has a spouse that is not on board, should have them read this.
    Go ahead. I want this to be read by EVERYONE. Glad I could contribute.
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Great Lakes area
    Posts
    2,337

    Default

    So Steelwolf, the $64,000 question is; from your time in service, what percentage of troops do you believe would participate in such an operation against fellow Americans in an American city?
    "Never send a Glock to do a 1911's job."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Ontario
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straycat1911 View Post
    So Steelwolf, the $64,000 question is; from your time in service, what percentage of troops do you believe would participate in such an operation against fellow Americans in an American city?
    Recall Hurricane Katrina...
    Quite a few of them.
    Keys to survival: Dodge, Duck, Dip Dive...and Dodge!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arizonastan
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straycat1911 View Post
    So Steelwolf, the $64,000 question is; from your time in service, what percentage of troops do you believe would participate in such an operation against fellow Americans in an American city?
    Well, thats a good question. I chose not to re enlist. I know many of the troops I served with at the time have also finished up their enlistments and are now carrying on with their lives. Those I keep in touch with, I doubt many would want to do the same here.

    HOWEVER - I can't vouch for some of the newer troops. Especially in the National Guard and Reserves, where many units have partnerships with local LE services. I remember when I was in we did a lot of joint training with our local PD SWAT and a lot of "Disaster Response Training." Most of it was pretty benign (Sharing tactics, Air-Assault training, medical training, Decontamination training for a WMD, etc), however now I hear that local PD / Nat.Guard units are starting joint LE work at public events (Traffic control, riot control, checkpoints, etc.), and this makes me VERY uneasy.

    If you watch Alex Jones' documentary "Police State 4: The Rise of FEMA" you can see it pretty plainly. I know he doesn't carry much weight around here - but you can't deny REAL Video of National Guard working as LE Auxiliaries in our streets. Or go on youtube and search for National Guard on our streets or something like that - HUNDREDS of videos.

    A lot of the younger troops I've met seem to be pretty... programmed if you catch my drift. I try to talk to my friends before they enlist, or shortly after returning from AIT about WHY they serve and WHO they serve, and what their constitutional limits are, and introduce them to Oath Keepers, but a lot seem to be pretty unreceptive. One actually told me "I'm not allowed to join Militia groups" - SINCE WHEN ARE THE OATH KEEPERS A MILITIA? Apparently, he was instructed that they were an "Extremist Organization."

    Look, I'm ok with the Guard handing out MREs and setting up hospital tents after hurricanes, but setting up riot formations alongside local PD? NOT COOL. Setting up checkpoints on city streets? Also, NOT COOL. National Guard aviation units were used at WACO, and now are used more frequently. Its easy to sell - Guard pilots get more flight hours, and local PD's get an Eye in the Sky.

    Something really worries me about the new generation of troops. I'm sure they have all the best intentions and I still thank them for their service... but something just isn't right. What about the MASSIVE National Guard hiring spree for "Internment & Resettlement Specialists" (AKA - MOS 31E, my old secondary MOS. A good amount of MP's are dual qualified as 31B/31E in the Guard/Reserves.).
    http://patriotupdate.com/15952/femas...ring-has-begun

    When I was in, the emphasis during 31E training was placed on dealing with ENEMY COMBATANTS (AKA POW's), now it appears to be shifting towards something altogether - political dissidents, "Domestic Terrorists" and the like.

    And what of the TSA? I think that FEMA and DHS realize that even with new "training" (AKA - Anti-Liberty Brainwashing in Military & LE schools), many troops won't want to go along with this, like they didn't during Katrina. Many cops are starting to wake up to this too. So who do they turn to?

    The TSA has been gradually getting more and more tyrannical and out of control. When I was a kid, I never imagined that just a few years later, some goon could GROPE MY DAUGHTER just to get on a plane. The airport is the PERFECT place to push the envelope - no one wants to resist or cause a scene - they could miss their flight, or worse. Now, the TSA may start showing up at Bus, Train & Subway stations, "for our own good." They have programmed an entire generation to NOT FIGHT BACK. I heard on the radio they are offering a $179/year "Fast Pass" card you can swipe and bypass the body scanners and molest-a-thons, and just have your baggage checked. Its some type of biometric thing, retina scans and fingerprints on the card, and of course an RFID chip. How long before it shows up at other transport hubs? How long until it becomes MANDATORY? Imagine a world where you would need to swipe a card with your biometrics to do ANYTHING - toll booths, boarding a bus, going to the mall??

    It's called FlyClear, http://clearme.com/how-it-works, and is still in its infancy. BUT - with Tyranny, incrementalism is always the key.

    This is NOT the country I signed up to serve.

    This really is a ticking time bomb.

    THE POLICE STATE IS NOT COMING - IT IS ALREADY HERE!
    Last edited by SteelWolf; 02-01-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: EDIT to add - TSA FAST PASS
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas- Piney Woods
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straycat1911 View Post
    So Steelwolf, the $64,000 question is; from your time in service, what percentage of troops do you believe would participate in such an operation against fellow Americans in an American city?
    As a current service member (Guard now, was USMC, USMCR, & USAR), I can speak with honesty and say less than 50% and that may even be high. Yes there are those that have and continue to drink the "kool-aid" and would do whatever the powers that be say but we are taught that we have a responsibility not to follow illegal orders. I for one wouldn't do it and as a NCO (future officer) I would never order anyone under me to take such action. Even at the risk of my own life and liberty. I swore an oath and I will uphold it.
    “You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas”
    Davy Crockett

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Do you mind if I repost this elsewhere? Do want credit for it or not?
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •