Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate SHTF: Martial Law...

Wow, those are great thoughts..freakin scary. Never looked at it like that, you always want to believe in the best in people, but when family is on the line its not right or wrong, its take care of the family...

Well said is right Drazen

i have to agree totaly with
    they start it, have to die some time
    but will take some with me
    this election is so important, we can not have four more years of this guy
    the french had a resistance that hit an ran, hit an ran, you will see that also.

No resistance will matter without a strong leadership in place to make it count...

Quote Originally Posted by Draven Azropht View Post
    No resistance will matter without a strong leadership in place to make it count...
    Amen.

I do find this senario scary because it would make me feel helpless if my door was kicked, without warning, and have my house searched with no way of stopping them from taking my guns & ammo....however, I do find such a senario extremely slim at best, if shtf.

Even if this happened, there would be warning because either shtf or was obviously about to. If it only happened in one isolated area, like during Katrina, then you would know that its a possibility to happen, so you could prepare and relocate or hide the majority of your guns & ammo elsewere. If martial law happened on a National wide level, then there would be warning signs, and the manpower needed to enforce a Nation wide martial law would be next to impossible. There is too many gun owners that would'nt stand for it, and once people caught wind of any home to home searches, then the government could'nt do it.

There is the remote chance that shtf hit fast and badly in your City, or Town, and you could be caught off guard, and have your guns & ammo confiscated, but I doubt if anyone who is on this forum would have it happen, because at the slightest warning of shtf, then we would all be in "the zone" with guns locked & loaded, and only if you were the first house on the block to be searched, would you not know whats going on, and prepare by burrying your guns & ammo in some remote location.

With that being said, I do have some back up guns & ammo elsewere, incase I did lose everything from the house, or could'nt go back to get it.
    Last edited by blueflash; 10-02-2012 at 12:29 AM.

I have, on a shortlist to buy, some PVC + endcaps that will fit most of my firearms. The saying that comes to mind is "one for them to find, one for you to keep".

Leave my mosin and .22 pistols in the gun case, stash the rest with ammo & dessicant in PVC.

MountainCourage Guest

This is an interesting thread for sure. I have read through the various posters here about the PTB controlling our nation in Martial Law through Food, Fuel, Transportation, technology, intel, basic necessities, and those everyday luxury's we have become accustomed to (i.e. power, water, etc.). That is all very plausible. But there is one thing I have not found answered here by those that propose that it's possible for the PTB to have absolute power: In the long term, how do TPTB fund this undertaking. History has proven that no society, nation, or power, has ever been able to sustain long-term, total control of a populace through Martial Law. Why is this? It is for the same reason that our gov will not be able to do it: No funding. In a attempted nationwide martial law scenario it isn't logistically possible regardless of the means, because under total martial law eventually production, free-markets, and trade cease to function. Once this happens, and it would happen quickly in our nation, taxes and tributes that would fund this type of takeover and control would dwindle and eventually dry up. Because of this, I strongly believe that our government could not sustain, nor control the populace under long-term martial law. If we get to this point, and can possibly stay under the radar for the short time it takes the wheels to come off their cart, then we can make it. But of course, then we have that societal breakdown, chaos scenario to worry about. Martial Law is a real possibility certainly; the gov being able to sustain it? Not a chance! Either way though, we still find our selves in one heck of a pickle, and that's something I think most of us will agree upon!

I don't think they can maintain the standard but going to it if only for a few years is enough. Plus even if doomed to failure imagine the militant groups who are gonna try to fill the void? Balkanization

MountainCourage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Draven Azropht View Post
    I don't think they can maintain the standard but going to it if only for a few years is enough. Plus even if doomed to failure imagine the militant groups who are gonna try to fill the void? Balkanization
    Very true. Indeed!

I figure just cause it can't be done it won't stop someone from trying.