Thread: got a nice surprise this am

Default got a nice surprise this am

one of my Nigerian Does that I thought had miscarried .. presented me with twins this am.. a buck and doe .. both black legged and white bodied with black facial markings.. got them in the Goat Tipi just in time.. it was about 5 degrees today and mom is in there with them with the brooder light hanging over the top..
    came to town to get supplies to make lil kid coats so they can make it through the winter here.. I have Wilma, Speck, Nutmeg and Benilli and Sunshine all pregnant and can kid anytime now..
    Tator Tot.. the doe who gave birth didnt show hardly at all.. she had some small dishcarge two weeks ago and I thought she had misscarried..who'd a thunk it.. still havent found my digi cam or I'd post picks..

Congrats on the nice surprise. I have always wanted some milk goats. Do you milk your goats? I have heard that nigerian goats are a good small milk goat that won't overwhelm you with milk.
    I got Vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

Congrats on the babies!

yes I do milk them,, any goat after the colostrum is gone from their bodies can be milked.. these Nigerians can produce enough milk for one day for each human on the farm.. just depends on how much they have in their breeding as too how much they will milk and how well you take care of them..the lil bucks name is Storm and the Doelings name is Flurry..
    if I'm not mistaken it looks as tho Sunshine will be next..she is starting to show some sort of discharge.
    back to the craft table..

Congrats! They can be cute little guys......

well Sunshine and Nutmeg both gave birth to quads the week that we had temps down to 35 below at night .. we figger they went into labor about 12:00 or so and we lost both sets.. they froze upon being born.. altogether we have 5 babies now.. Benelli had twins and one died the next day and then Titters aka Wilma gave birth to twins.. all are doing fine but there will be some mishappen ears.. and I may have takers for them already due to their coloring..

now we have a set of triplets were born to my 13 year old Nigerian doe ,, she crushed one of the does.. and the two that are left are doing great.. a buck and a doe.. both black and white then born on the 27th then on the earliest of the 1st of march another doe gave birth to a buckling .. black and white also... so we now have all girls kidded out.. yay.. its over..

Funny, I have also met a Nigerian Pigmy doe named Sunshine, on a farm in GA - what are the chances.

Congrats on having new kidds :-)

I'm looking forward to having my own goats someday in the future.