Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A magazine I recently purchased

Default A magazine I recently purchased

I found this magazine in our local grocery store:
    http://www.americanhandgunner.com/survive/
    (Scroll down to see the magazine cover)

While I realize there are all kinds of content on the internet regarding survival / prepping, there were some interesting articles in the magazine on topics I had never heard of i.e. SODIS water purification http://www.sodis.ch/methode/index_EN

In this issue the front half covers survival / prepping topics, the back half is essentially a gun catalog covering a wide variety of manufacturers and types i.e. pistols, rifles, shotguns, black powder.....

Just thought I'd share what I ran across.

I picked this up at Booksamillion a couple of weeks ago, primarily because of that SODIS method of water purification. There's some pretty good info in there, although I think it was a little pricey..
    Paranoia is merely a heightened state of awareness.

Fortune favors the prepared mind. -- Louis Pasteur

Yeah, I agree 10.00 was steep, but flipping thru the magazine it didn't seem like a lot of fluff, so I went ahead and got it.

That was me. There was also a good one in there about making window shutters and I picked up a good tip about using an oddball screwhead like a Torx when attaching them to make them more tamper resistant.

All in all, a well put together magazine.
    Paranoia is merely a heightened state of awareness.

Fortune favors the prepared mind. -- Louis Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpus Monkus View Post
    Yeah, I agree 10.00 was steep, but flipping thru the magazine it didn't seem like a lot of fluff, so I went ahead and got it.
    What the heck???? YOU paid $10 dollars for a MAGAZINE! What's this world coming to?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Any Man Who thinks He Can Be Prosperous By Letting The Government Take Care Of Him, Better Take A Closer Look At The American Indian

Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw View Post
    What the heck???? YOU paid $10 dollars for a MAGAZINE! What's this world coming to?
    I'm learning sign language, next time I see you I'll sign you what two word phrase I learned. Oh, and it isn't happy birthday.

You have the best avatar on the internet Choctaw!
    "Well behaved women rarely make history" UTL

Well, thank you.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Any Man Who thinks He Can Be Prosperous By Letting The Government Take Care Of Him, Better Take A Closer Look At The American Indian

The cover reminds me of the old American survival guide magazines, I miss those.
    I still hate commies, even after they changed their name to liberals...

BFS you are right I was thinking the same thing. I have just put in my order. Grumpus thanks for the post.