Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana...

The cash part is BS, but several states require junk dealers to record metal sales over $50. And it has led to the reduction of copper thefts.
    coper theives were hammering lots of places hard. Whole subdivisions being built and houses couldnt get completed because every night the wiring was being ripped out. Metal building that were not getting completed because theives would come take the just installed metal panels off in the middle of the night. People are bringing brass memorial plaques from cemetaries that they have ripped off of graves.
    Making junk dealers record who is selling "scrap" is reasonable in my estimation. Especially when the "scrap" is brand new wire and metal.

The cash part is bizarre.
    “We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.”
    Thomas Jefferson

I am the powdered donut KING!!!

Our government has proved over and over that we have no more rights only privileges, they are slowly taking privileges away at will.

i never thought about it that way.
    seems like it rides bot sides of the fence.
    example. a credit card is debt. you borrow money against it with the plan of paying back.

but what about a normal purchase of say groceries. I would think that food would not fall under the 2nd hand classification yet we had over the paper. isnt that trade not debt?

typical BS
    one more reason I love Alaska

I don't believe that the word debt was originally intended to be taken in such a strict context. So does this mean that I have to take checks or credit cards at garage sales? I'm sure they will be using this information to tax people who normally wouldn't be paying a sales tax (like people who buy at garage sales)

Wake up people, that is the same state that went door to door after the hurricane to confiscate their residendt guns. It was amazing that there was not a single person shot for that stunt.

People from Louisana have a lot of skills espically hunting and fishing, They are all welcome here in the gunshine state of Florida. Bring your skills folks and I would love to network with you.

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by texan2 View Post
    The cash part is BS, but several states require junk dealers to record metal sales over $50. And it has led to the reduction of copper thefts.
    coper theives were hammering lots of places hard. Whole subdivisions being built and houses couldnt get completed because every night the wiring was being ripped out. Metal building that were not getting completed because theives would come take the just installed metal panels off in the middle of the night. People are bringing brass memorial plaques from cemetaries that they have ripped off of graves.
    Making junk dealers record who is selling "scrap" is reasonable in my estimation. Especially when the "scrap" is brand new wire and metal.

The cash part is bizarre.
    Not too long ago, I did something I rarely do. I called the cops about something.

I was on the way to work, which unfortunately leads me through a rather "questionable" part of town. I passed a rather greasy looking guy pushing a shopping cart loaded with wiring with the outlet boxes still attached. They were able to get to him before he disappeared. Apparently, he'd spent part of the night pillaging through some new construction.

As far as this law goes, I've not heard anything about it. In fact, the first I heard about was reading it here. For anyone wondering, I can tell you now that the cops are not hauling off kids for running a lemonade stand, or picking up desparadoes operating garage sales. At least not here in my neck of the woods. Not saying it's not real, but...
    Paranoia is merely a heightened state of awareness.

Fortune favors the prepared mind. -- Louis Pasteur

It's the precedent set by the law that should concern us the most.
    Esse Quam Videri , Semper Paratus , My Karma ran over your Dogma.

it worries the hell out of me, expecially comming from a southern state.
    The Normalcy Bias, do you suffer from it to?

Lived in Louisiana for 33 years of my life, moved away because of the crap that has been getting started there. After watching first hand the stupidity in the government there before, during and after the huricannes I decided I had to leave that state. BTW the gun confiscation was not state wide, just New Orleans, the didn't dare try that crap where I lived. I did tell my wife to prepare for it, just in case they tried it in my town.

I watched helicopters dropping sand bags in a hole in the levee, while a escavator less than a mile away was making a hole to let the water out.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I watched helicopters dropping sand bags in a hole in the levee, while a escavator less than a mile away was making a hole to let the water out.
    This one sentence says everything that needs to be said.
    Esse Quam Videri , Semper Paratus , My Karma ran over your Dogma.