Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits!

Default Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits!

Well I've been MIA on the blog for the past couple of weeks but I'm back! Between a nasty sinus infection and getting stuff together for the new bunnies to come home I've been busy!

I got 3 does..and 2 bucks...and 9 kits with one of those does lol from the sweet little old man who couldn't take care of them anymore. He had 15 does and 6 bucks...and babies galore!

I really am excited about trying my hand at this. I mated my 2 of my does for the first time today. I will be on here often asking all kinds of newbie questions for anyone who knows what the he// it is I'm doing. LOL

hope ya'll are all doing great!

Sounds like you're off to a great start. Rabbits are pretty easy so you'll do great I'm sure. Keep us posted.

thanks so much scartlett...so far so good. I just bred two yesterday!

We've been raising rabbits for about 10 yrs....ask away......

I am thinking of doing this too. I am going to start building cages shortly but need to learn more about raising them. Can't wait...yummy.

i live in the woods ...anyone ever think about trying to re-populate , over populate the area with rabbits you could harvest later ,,, breed them and set them free ?
    "We are fresh out of compliance and give a sh!t has been back-ordered for months." ,mountainbear

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalbacon View Post
    i live in the woods ...anyone ever think about trying to re-populate , over populate the area with rabbits you could harvest later ,,, breed them and set them free ?
    In South Texas we're over-run by ferral hogs, we've let 'em go to keep the muslims at bay.
    777 FGG

LMAO!!!
    "We are fresh out of compliance and give a sh!t has been back-ordered for months." ,mountainbear

LMAO!!! Good idea TripSeven!!!

Old thread but still revalent. I'm new to rabbits. Just picked up a breeding pair of flemish giants. I read that two does and a buck can keep a family in healthy good meat all year long so that's the initial plan. I'd like to setup an easy to use / self cleaning / self feeding/watering hutch for them. I want to build it for two does and a buck and their offspring till they get butcher sized. I'm not buying an overpriced pre-made hutch but I'm interested in making as good of one as i can for the specific purpose of raising rabbits for meat/fur.

how many compartments? How big? I read you should separate the buck from the does after they breed but what about the offspring? how big should the doe's compartment be? What type of compartment should i setup for the offpspring which will only grow till they're butcher sized? Do they need to be sexed and seperated into other compartments as well?

Thanks for any info for this newbie.
    2nd Law: In a closed system, the entropy of the system will either remain constant or increase