Mil Spec Hard Coat Black Anodizing on Aluminum
    1-30 Rd Mag (varies by state)
    6 Position Adjustable Stock
    Gas Impingement Action
    Free Upgrade! Yankee Hill Dual Aperature Flip Up Rear Site
    1-2 Weeks Shipping

http://www.usaammo.com/AR-Lite-P869.aspx
    Live Free or Die

Im no Ar15 expert, but I think its an ok deal. I say build one, if thats not something you want to do, I'd spend a couple more bucks and buy a factory "brand name" rifle.
    I still hate commies, even after they changed their name to liberals...

I'm an AK shooter...I posted this for others just wasn't sure if it's a good deal
    Live Free or Die

As far as shooter quality AR's go it's not a bad deal. It does not have a chrome lined barrel, but IMHO that is fine for a shooter. You could probably build one a little cheaper, but not by much.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Any Man Who thinks He Can Be Prosperous By Letting The Government Take Care Of Him, Better Take A Closer Look At The American Indian

That's not a bad deal for an AR (One thing that gets under my skin is when websites selling firearms call AR15s M4s). I'm a big fan of the sights they have on there.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Wildcat View Post
    Is this a good deal?
    5.56.mm NATO M4 (FT) Carbine
    16" Barrel with 1/9 Twist
    Mil Spec Park Rise Finish on Steel
    Mil Spec Hard Coat Black Anodizing on Aluminum
    1-30 Rd Mag (varies by state)
    6 Position Adjustable Stock
    Gas Impingement Action
    Free Upgrade! Yankee Hill Dual Aperature Flip Up Rear Site
    1-2 Weeks Shipping

http://www.usaammo.com/AR-Lite-P869.aspx
    • Barrel Twist Rate May Not Work For Higher Grain Bullets (Recommend 1:8, 1:7 twist,)
    • Barrel is not chrome lined (This can be positive or negative. I have heard that non-chrome lined barrels are more accurate.
    • I always use Magpul PMags so the included magazine is a non-issue.
    • The factory stocks I have seen on AR-15's appear to be flimsy when compared to aftermarket stocks. That said I haven't seen every variant.
    • Gas Impingement is the standard so again, no issues.

If I could do my first AR build over again I would have built it either completely from scratch choosing every part individually or I would have ordered a quality Bravo Company, Noveske, etc. upper and paired it with my own built lower. Lowers are ridiculously simple to build and the only extra tool I used was an AR-15 Armorers Wrench.

Also the experience and knowledge you will gain about how the weapon functions is great. Honestly I feel perfectly confident in repairing most issues on my own AR. Also, if I can build an AR-15 anyone can. Videos and guides galore. However, if this is not your thing I completely understand as well.

Price is good from what I can tell. The other guns I sometimes see in this range are certain model DPMS AR's and Doublestar AR's.

Before you purchase from this site. Please check out JSE Surplus as that was the AR place where I lived previously, and the prices easily rival the site listed. Their prices are great and ship time is usually 1 day or so from order date. That said.. I am not affiliated with this site at all and I am unsure of whether or not I can post this. If this is incorrect mods feel free to delete this.

Their website is http://www.jsesurplus.com/. Awesome AR / AK centric gun shop in a small Missouri college town. Only prices I didn't find competitive were the ammo prices in shop, they don't sell ammo online. Expensive to me at their store.
    Last edited by captainhippy; 09-20-2011 at 03:03 PM.