Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ND checking in

Default ND checking in

I am not currently living there, but we have a farm consisting of 1600 acres there. My dad is living on it now and if anything happens it is my go to place. We are in the sw corner outside of scranton and bowman. Anyone in that area?

Yeah man. I am in Dickinson, which is like..50 miles away. Been to Bowman a few times. Good place for a BOL!

That is nice hunting area. We used to stay in bowman but upland hunting has been so good in Kansas no reason to drive the nine hours. Still miss it. We would see hundreds of pheasants on the outskirts of town near harvested wheat plots. Folks there are very nice and we had pretty good luck knocking on doors to ask permission for private land hunting. Still lots of public walk in areas. A field outside of bowman was the last field I got to hunt my springer before I had to retire him. We were there just before sunrise. We got all loaded up outside the plots, quietly drove up let the dogs out and started walking at appropriate legal time. Birds were cackling all around us we had gotten into the field while they were still roosting. Six hunters with six dogs made for a good morning.
    A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Starship Troopers
    Armageddon was yesterday-Today we have a serious problem.

Yea we have some prime hunting on our land, excited to go back for deer and pheasant. It is the one place that I can truly call home.

I plan to start pheasant hunting this year. maybe get a doe tag too. never taken a deer or pheasant. I figure i better going on it.

Pheasant is pretty fun, I am hoping to take my first deer this year. It will only be a doe, but I am in it for the meat

lol me too. good luck on ur doe.

I like this thread....new guys going to take their first deer is always exciting. Once you shoot one you will be hooked, and its a good skill to have.
    “We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.”
    Thomas Jefferson

I am the powdered donut KING!!!

I am pretty excited, ive been hunting small game since I was little. But never got into deer until recently, looking forward to all the meat if I actually get one.

You gonna hunt CO or ND?