Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Ants-Beware they almost killed me yesterday!

DAMN glad you made it out fine...

I was talking to a nurse and I was told this ant is becoming more common here. She was saying the sting I got was about the same reaction one would get from being bit by a Cottonmouth Snake.

for those of you with ants try Amdro granular to kill the hive ,treat the yard and around the house. This is the only thing that I have found that kills ants here in Oklahoma , got it at Walmart .

Glad everything turned out okay! Hope you feel better soon. I think someone told me once you'd feel like a mac truck had run you over after a severe allergic reaction. Did the lady ever come out to see what was going on?

Quote Originally Posted by airdrop View Post
    for those of you with ants try Amdro granular to kill the hive ,treat the yard and around the house. This is the only thing that I have found that kills ants here in Oklahoma , got it at Walmart .
    I use Over 'N' Out. Buy it at Home Depot. The only problem is that it isn't a spot treatment like Amdro. You use a seed spreader in early Spring over the whole yard and it works all year.
    What this forum is all about:
    Share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie. "Share what you know, learn what you don't."

Glad to hear you're OK.
    ...because without American there is no free world...you betcha!

The lady didnt know what happened until she saw the ambulance. She called me yesterday to make sure I was ok.She was a little old lady. I dont blame her as she didnt know there was any issue. Her house is older and run down. The yard wasnt too maintained either. But I am at a crossroads now. Do I keep doing what I do?
    Today I was at a job and had cut out the drivers side of the windshield. I had already done a pre inspection of the job and area and didnt see any issues. I went around to the passenger side and opened the door to find 100's of fire ants crawling up the grass into the car. My helper went in and sprayed them all dead but I feel its getting too risky for me. Here is whats left of the ants. Most got washed away from the spray.

glad you survived.
    you showed very good split second judgment.
    tough decision on changing jobs.
    not to be too humorous on such a serious post, but dude move some place that doesn't have those devils!

I have been thinking about it. My daughters ex boyfriend called me at 11 last night. He was concerned because he got bit by fire ants while at the park by the river. He wasnt aware of what had happened to me. He said he got bit and his leg was paralyzed for about 10 minutes.

I owned a house in Clearwater Florida for 4 years... Being from Massachusetts, I never knew that ants were so mean.

So.. One morning... I'm mowing my lawn, and get to the edging the walkway part of that LOVELY chore (I fracking HATE mowing), and my mom pulls up next to my mailbox and wants to have a nice chat...

I.. so oblivious to the ant hill i just destroyed with the edger... an standing in my flip flops... and then its like all those little bastrards said..."OK..on the count of 3... WE ALL BITE"... my leg just exploded in pain... at least 30 of the little buggers doing thier best to bring me down. I have no doubt they thought they were gonna win....

No ****...scarred for at least 4 months...

Yankee lesson learned #143. or, 'why we might of won the war... but y'all can keep it!' Everything south of Rhode Island wants to kill you if you don't have 'R's in your vocabulary.

Fire ants SUCK.

I'll keep paying the kids next door to shovel my snow, thank you!