Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alas, Babylon and the Mount Dora Catacombs

This is the first I've heard of this. What a cool story, but also such a waste.

I just passed the site today. if you know that you are looking for something, you will find it. it was ridiculously easy to find. first time passing it looked out of the ordinary. the acces shed is in private property that is well maintained so no entry, unless at night when no one is home or something.

i could not locate the exposed re-bar.

Default Entrance Found

I know this is an extremely old thread, but I am trying to reach ddurango or anyone on here that has been to the bunker.

I am an urban explorer that was recently contacted to help find this bunker, and after some research and legwork my team has found the entrance.
    I need to know anyone who has been inside or has pictures (preferred) to contact me, as we found the entrance but have not gone inside as that is a big endeavor and also the fact that it is on private property with no signs of local cooperation. Also if anyone knows how to contact ddurango i am interested to see if he ever found it and to discuss it.

please write me at Draven@CenFLRydaz.com with the Subject something related to this (ex: Ft Repose) so that I do not miss it.

thank you very much, and hope somebody sees this thread.

D. Mercer

those pics look like something from the Saw movies or at least The Hostel .. go figger

This thread is so dead...... Would like to hear from ddurango as well

Either way you slice it, darn interesting.
    "I never should have made it, but I'm still alive" "Dead End Streets", RevCo

the mount dora shelter has been documented with photos and video as of yesterday...

*it isnt where everyone speculates it is....its in the area but not very close to the lake
    Last edited by nomeus; 08-21-2013 at 01:41 PM.

thought I'd tag onto this old gem >>> interesting discovery story circulating today that is always an envy to most of us .....

https://www.stolenhistory.org/articl...-illinois.564/

https://youtu.be/qsmmoE8sAJk

https://youtu.be/ihmD3dr4KIU
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 04-26-2021 at 03:38 PM.